Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a dealer had a couple of people back out of their carnivals. My sales person told me that they are marking them up $7-9k. I was disappointed in them for doing so. His response for the mark up was that if Kia Canada found out they sold it to someone different their dealership could get charged 5k from Kia Canada.

This sounds really strange to me and I don’t believe it. I think they are marking them up because people will pay.

What do you think? Are they full of bologna?

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
29 Posts
There are a lot of games going on and Kia dealers don’t have the best reputation. I had a friend just buy a Telluride and he was told by multiple local dealers that he could not buy from out of state because Kia wouldn’t allow him to. That is patently false and I would be floored if it was not.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige White
12 Posts
Back in August I was looking for a Carnival and went to a local dealer in GA. They said they could order one and put a $7k mark up on the offer. I refused to pay over MSRP and called every other dealer in GA. They all had a mark up. I'm stubborn and kept searching on line and requesting pricing from dealers until I found one in CO that ordered us one at MSRP (no mark up, but it was sticker, plus tax, etc.). It was shipped to us in February, so I don't believe this dealer you're speaking with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've found a couple of dealership that are taking orders at msrp in the northeast but sadly that are only taking preorders from their local vicinity. Im 30 miles away from one of them and they wont take an order from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back in August I was looking for a Carnival and went to a local dealer in GA. They said they could order one and put a $7k mark up on the offer. I refused to pay over MSRP and called every other dealer in GA. They all had a mark up. I'm stubborn and kept searching on line and requesting pricing from dealers until I found one in CO that ordered us one at MSRP (no mark up, but it was sticker, plus tax, etc.). It was shipped to us in February, so I don't believe this dealer you're speaking with.
Thanks for the information. I’m in CO and plan on ordering a Carnival soon. Do you mind sharing the dealership you ordered from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
had the same experience in FL. dealt with over 12= dealers all asking for $5K+ above MRSP and didn't even have the EX model that we wanted to buy. finally had to go to AL and found one that had EX coming in. their mark up was about 2.5K plus tax. we drove up to get it. no need for delivery. it was about a month late then original delivery date.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had the same experience in FL. dealt with over 12= dealers all asking for $5K+ above MRSP and didn't even have the EX model that we wanted to buy. finally had to go to AL and found one that had EX coming in. their mark up was about 2.5K plus tax. we drove up to get it. no need for delivery. it was about a month late then original delivery date.
looks like your work paid off for you. Congrats, what colour did you get?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts