Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to buy a new SX or SX prestige if I can find one with a dealer markup. I live in the DMV area - Maryland. Any advice? How do you guys like your cars? Any thoughts on reliability?

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
29 Posts
Hey guys, looking to buy a new SX or SX prestige if I can find one with a dealer markup. I live in the DMV area - Maryland. Any advice? How do you guys like your cars? Any thoughts on reliability?
Most every listing for one in dealer stock that you’ll find is fake in that it’s an already-spoken-for vehicle on its way to a dealer. I talked to six or eight different dealers from across the country and was told consistently 6 to 9 month wait to order one. Finally got lucky and found a dealer with two ordered that weren’t spoken for yet and snagged one of those but had to pay a $5000 markup.

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
29 Posts
Yea everyone is asking for $5000 markup. I’ll likely wait till this boils over to get the car…
I debated that too and decided to pay it because I figure there's a really good chance I'd lose $5,000 or more on my trade-in waiting, due to increased mileage on it and the inevitable slowdown in the used car market.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival LX in Silky Silver
49 Posts
Yea everyone is asking for $5000 markup. I’ll likely wait till this boils over to get the car…
I already mentioned this on another thread but you could check all the states within driving distance of you on Markups.org to see who reportedly doesn’t have a mark up.

Also, you could use the methods I used when I was searching for my Carnival; I looked at Kia dealerships on Google maps and started calling the close ones and worked my way out to the further ones to find out about current and incoming inventory as well as pricing. I also typed in random surrounding zip codes on Kia’s inventory locator to see if there were any in stock within driving distance. Some of the dealerships I talked to had no mark up on incoming inventory but if it hit their lot without being pre-sold, they’d add a mark up. Using these search methods took a couple of days for me to make all of the calls but we finally found ours a couple of states away with a $700 mark up (plus $950 shipping).

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I debated that too and decided to pay it because I figure there's a really good chance I'd lose $5,000 or more on my trade-in waiting, due to increased mileage on it and the inevitable slowdown in the used car market.
This is a very good point. If you have a trade-in, its increased value will somewhat offset the dealer markup. It'll at least soften the blow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts