Kia Carnival Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I visited my local dealer last weekend as I saw an SX-P in their inventory online. This was after the national stop sale bulletin was released according to this forum. Saleman didn't know what I was talking about, but did know there was a recall as he stated that a sold car was coming back that day to be looked at. He states he didn't know what the recall was about and told me that the service department handles that. I would think that if you're the sales team then you should know this information as it directly affects you and your sales! This whole interaction was suspect.
he knows...

·
Registered
3 Posts
After raising a big stink, it looks like we are in line to get our part tomorrow (hopefully). It took most of yesterday interfacing between our dealership and Kia corporate to move the needle. We went as far as going down the path to get our money back towards a new car because the timelines were going to impact our travel plans. I will say that Kia, being caught on their back foot, has seemingly managed this the best they can; offering rental or buyback options for our extenuating circumstances. But ultimately, it seems they have managed to find a part somewhere / somehow to fix our car.

I would like to shoutout to Ted at Kia of Lancaster, PA for really pushing Kia Corporate to do the right thing. Hopefully another couple of days and this will all be in the rearview mirror (for us).
AWESOME!! I have been in contact with corporate today and they said they are escalating my issue to someone else and she should reach out soon. I’ve seen some people say they’ve been told JUNE. I mean in the long run they are renting a vehicle for us to the tune of $700 a week 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Hoping ours is fixed soon as well.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
AWESOME!! I have been in contact with corporate today and they said they are escalating my issue to someone else and she should reach out soon. I’ve seen some people say they’ve been told JUNE. I mean in the long run they are renting a vehicle for us to the tune of $700 a week 🤷🏻‍♂️ . Hoping ours is fixed soon as well.
What do you mean with they’re renting a vehicle for us?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you mean with they’re renting a vehicle for us?
They only had cars on the lot where we went and I told them that wouldn’t do since we had a trip coming up and that was part of the reason we purchase the Carnival. They took my wife to Enterprise and rented her a car until the repair can be made to her Carnival.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They only had cars on the lot where we went and I told them that wouldn’t do since we had a trip coming up and that was part of the reason we purchase the Carnival. They took my wife to Enterprise and rented her a car until the repair can be made to her Carnival.
Amazing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
We just got word that ours has been fixed and they also managed to get the 120v inverter part and installed it (which we weren't expecting at this point). They are also dropping off the vehicle to our house since we live a bit more than an hour away. Super happy with our dealership (Kia of Lancaster) and with Kia Corporate stepping up in our situation.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We just got word that ours has been fixed and they also managed to get the 120v inverter part and installed it (which we weren't expecting at this point). They are also dropping off the vehicle to our house since we live a bit more than an hour away. Super happy with our dealership (Kia of Lancaster) and with Kia Corporate stepping up in our situation.
Really amazing! Wish there were such nice dealerships in our area

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, ours is now stuck at the dealer until they can replace the fuel rail. No ETA as it isn't even a part they can order yet. What a mess. Hopefully we'll hear something better from Kia next week.
I have been smelling gas from our newly bought Carnival. Looked up the number and it is in fact in that recall group. Did they say if it's dangerous to drive? Or they just want to keep it until the part becomes available and you have to use a rental until then?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been smelling gas from our newly bought Carnival. Looked up the number and it is in fact in that recall group. Did they say if it's dangerous to drive? Or they just want to keep it until the part becomes available and you have to use a rental until then?
Yes. You should stop driving immediately. There is a risk of fire or worse. Call your dealership and have them come pick up the vehicle and drop off a rental. Leaking fuel is nothing to mess around with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ours is affected by the recall, but the dealer said no problem driving it, they’ll just let us know when the part comes in...makes me a little scared though
I wouldn't recommend it. My SX was the first identified/fixed which prompted the recall - it was dripping fuel within 50 miles on the odometer. But it also smelled like an open gas pump pouring into my cabin through the AC & the garage reeked as well (but no visible fluid on the garage floor). I would say if your car is affected (which it sounds like it is) dont drive it. Its not worth putting your family at risk of an engine fire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, does anyone have a suggestion for a specific person to contact at Kia directly? My vehicle is affected by the recall. We verified the part number. Our dealer won't give us a loaner or a rental or do anything at all to assist us. The front line customer service at Kia won't return our calls or transfer us to anyone who will help get us a rental or buy back the car. The people we have spoken to at Kia say we can rent a car and pay up front and they may reimburse us up to $47 day after the issue is resolved and they review the paperwork. $47/day won't cover a rental in our area and they aren't committing to pay for one even if it did. I'm really disappointed in Kia (and the dealer).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, does anyone have a suggestion for a specific person to contact at Kia directly? My vehicle is affected by the recall. We verified the part number. Our dealer won't give us a loaner or a rental or do anything at all to assist us. The front line customer service at Kia won't return our calls or transfer us to anyone who will help get us a rental or buy back the car. The people we have spoken to at Kia say we can rent a car and pay up front and they may reimburse us up to $47 day after the issue is resolved and they review the paperwork. $47/day won't cover a rental in our area and they aren't committing to pay for one even if it did. I'm really disappointed in Kia (and the dealer).
Need to get the car into the dealer to start the clock on the lemon law timer. As far as forcing a rental every one seems to be having different experiences based on the dealership. If dealer won’t take the car have Kia tow the car to the dealership.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was in the same boat as you. My dealership wouldn’t even give us an appointment for service as they don’t have the part.
I agree with @Carnival2428 and that’s what I did. Have them tow the vehicle to dealer so you get the clock ticking for Lemon Law.

All I can say at this point, I’m very very disappointed in Kia’s handling of the issue and their setup as a company. Our dealership ignored KCA’s and the regional service manager’s messages. There was no proactive communication from KCA to us. Many reps just hung up the phone.

Kia was trying to rebrand their name with a new logo. I’m not sure where they are trying to get with their service so awful.
They have not sold so many Carnival’s. What would it take from them to Fedex to all Carnival owners a personal letter and assign a supervisor to deal with these customers who their vehicles were rendered useless just days after purchasing. Oh, and how is it that there’s no accountability and the dealership can just ignore messages from Corporate and a regional manager. I just lost all my trust in them.

Yes, I know, there could be issues with other companies too. But so many people having the same issue and the fact that it occurred just days after purchase they should have handled it better.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts