Kia Carnival Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealers around me were booked for service appointments, the earliest I could get is Friday the 7th to start the process, although another dealership looked at my photo of my part over email and confirmed it is part of the recall. None of the dealers will tow my car to them, and none are willing to work with me on getting a rental.
I still didn't get a call back from anyone at Kia and when I called them again on Friday the woman was impatient and unhelpful. I explained I have no transportation and no timeline so I need to keep calling until I can talk to someone who can help me, but she really didn't care. This is our first time buying a Kia and we wish we had bought a different car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ours finally got the part in 3 days ago and the dealer fixed it. But no one seemed to care too much. Anyone who’s dealership won’t tow the car, call Kia corporate number, option 3 for recall, and let them know you fear for your safety and that they need to arrange a tow for you. Kia corporate will arrange to tow, but most dealerships will not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just got word that ours has been fixed and they also managed to get the 120v inverter part and installed it (which we weren't expecting at this point). They are also dropping off the vehicle to our house since we live a bit more than an hour away. Super happy with our dealership (Kia of Lancaster) and with Kia Corporate stepping up in our situation.
Could you elaborate on the 120v inverter? The sales brochure for the Carnival references that the SX models come with a 115v inverter. Obviously a 120v would be preferable and then even allow pugging in a microwave.

Is this what you are trying to do, upgrading to 120v?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could you elaborate on the 120v inverter? The sales brochure for the Carnival references that the SX models come with a 115v inverter. Obviously a 120v would be preferable and then even allow pugging in a microwave.

120V or 115V does not matter. What matters is wattage. Micro starts around 600W this Kia inverter probably between 100 - 200W . Micro blows the fuse or overload device within seconds.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Most, if not all, Carnivals didn't include the inverter from the factory. Our dealership was able to get the part for us so we had a working inverter.

Kia Corporate is overloaded right now with the recalls. Our regional case manager had 12 on her plate. Kia Corporate was able to offer two solutions for us, 1) money towards a rental and 2) buyback of our vehicle. It was our dealership that pushed for and was able to get the part for us. Had they not pushed, we would have purchased another van this past weekend. If your dealership won't work with you, I would escalate all the way to the owners. You may also consider enlisting the help of social media to help pressure your dealership and or Kia Corporate. Personally, I read the reviews of Kia dealerships before purchasing and specifically excluded a few dealerships for that reason.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took my Carnival into the dealer yesterday knowing they would find not an Inverter and have to order the part. The service tech insisted the car was made in USA and they would soon have the part. Attempting to discuss the fact it was built in Korea hit a brick wall. During our car search (Sienna vs Carnival) the Toyota dealers had the same "don't care" attitude as the Kia dealers. Post-pandemic fatigue? The Inverter will supply 115V/100W (as printed on the plug). Any device over 100W will not work.

Despite the attitudes, I went with the Carnival SXP. It meets our needs (V6 power, VIP seats, tech it will take me a year to learn, etc). We have 1800 miles on it and like it. If it just didn't have black wheels.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for posting these but I am confused as to what the revised information is. Can you let me know what they changed? The only thing I notice is the dates of production say January 27 - March 25. Does this mean the dates on the affected fuel rail changed to 127 - 325? I see this picture which still lists the original dates but is this from the revised notice (to go with your first picture)? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’ve heard from the Facebook group that others are getting their fuel rails in. We have about 1500 miles and things have been good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are trying to find our sticker to double check (our dealer said we aren’t part of it, but we smell fuel) but are having some trouble. Here is where we are looking, but there doesn’t seem to be a sticker. Is this correct?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts