Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my EX on its first trip. The display has 3 milage displays. 1) is gas mileage from day one, 2) is gas milage from last fill up and 3) is gas milage on this trip. I started the trip at 60 miles and returned at 350. My day one milage is 21.6, my last fill up is 27.4 and my trip is 29.5. The trip was 140 of interstate 75-80 mph and 140 miles of 2 lane 60-65. Maybe 10 miles of 2 small towns stop and go. All in “normal” mode and a/c was off for about 1/2 of the trip. I am impressed. My 2019 Sienna never got better than 26-27 mpg. Two things I noticed that I have not seen in a long time. The new engine got better as the miles increase. Just the ease if reving and performance. It broke in. Second the ride was much smoother as the miles picked up. It was like the suspension needed breaking in. These are things I use to notice in cars a bought years ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah it seems like they get decent mileage. Being able to maintain 26.6 mpg during high speed (80 mph limits here) is not bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am getting 22 mpg on country roads, stop and go. Leaving for a Florida trip soon and looking forward to that 70+ MPG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts