Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious to see if anyone has given up on the carnival and went with something different?

I almost strayed to a Hybrid Pinnacle Pacifica but it fell through with a highly questionable bill of sale that I refused to sign.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Just curious to see if anyone has given up on the carnival and went with something different?

I almost strayed to a Hybrid Pinnacle Pacifica but it feel through with a highly questionable bill of sale that I refused to sign.
I'm sure lots of people gave up and moved on to something else, but those same people probably aren't browsing the carnival forums very frequently because of it ;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats great you have one. I would love to hear about your thoughts on the vehicle?
Thanks
I love the vehicle, features etc, but I can’t get the entertainment system (TVs) to work going down the road. I’ve tried literally EVERYTHING possible to get it to work. I even bought a portable DVD player for the grand kids to watch dvds on… nope still won’t work. The only thing that I can get to play is baby shark (it came on the TVs) I just got an update saying the SXP do have wifi it needs updated, so I’m going to call and have dealership update it and hopefully that works. Other than that it’s a very nice vehicle and a lot of safety features. Any other questions please ask. I’ll be glad to answer any.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the vehicle, features etc, but I can’t get the entertainment system (TVs) to work going down the road. I’ve tried literally EVERYTHING possible to get it to work. I even bought a portable DVD player for the grand kids to watch dvds on… nope still won’t work. The only thing that I can get to play is baby shark (it came on the TVs) I just got an update saying the SXP do have wifi it needs updated, so I’m going to call and have dealership update it and hopefully that works. Other than that it’s a very nice vehicle and a lot of safety features. Any other questions please ask. I’ll be glad to answer any.
glad to hear you’re happy with it. Too bad about the screens, hopefully it all gets sorted.

Man I so badly wish I didn’t have to wait so long. I have concerns that my trade won’t hold its value by the time my SX lands…

·
Registered
70 Posts
glad to hear you’re happy with it. Too bad about the screens, hopefully it all gets sorted.

Man I so badly wish I didn’t have to wait so long. I have concerns that my trade won’t hold its value by the time my SX lands…
That sucks that you don’t have yours yet. What’s taking so long? And can’t you go elsewhere to get one? Are you getting the sx prestigue too?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That sucks that you don’t have yours yet. What’s taking so long? And can’t you go elsewhere to get one? Are you getting the sx prestigue too?
I haven’t been waiting that long, only a couple of months. I almost found something coming in at the end of this month but that didn’t happen. I’ve spoken to a few dealers and no one has anything and the wait times are pretty much the same for all of them.

I’m getting the Canadian equivalent of the SX prestige so yes same model. Pretty sure the only difference is ours doesn’t come with the rear seat entertainment screens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I gave up in the sense I bought a used one but kept my new order. Figure in the future for just a couple of grand out of pocket I'll be able to get a 2023 model with a full fresh warranty, etc....maybe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gave up in the sense I bought a used one but kept my new order. Figure in the future for just a couple of grand out of pocket I'll be able to get a 2023 model with a full fresh warranty, etc....maybe.
wow you were able to find a used one. It just have had very little mileage. When did you order the new one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow you were able to find a used one. It just have had very little mileage. When did you order the new one?
Yes, in the color combo and trim I wanted too. I don't drive a lot (about 8,000 per year) so the used mileage will even itself out shortly.

I just ordered the new one a week or two ago. They told me 10-14 months but it could actually take longer than that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts