Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some markets appear to have a rotary dial for the transmission gear range selector and the USA version has a traditional PRNDL gear selector lever. Any idea why? I was hoping the 2023s would all be updated to the rotary style. For those that have taken deliveries of the 2023s in the USA, does it still have the traditional gear selector?
Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
700 Posts
I noticed some markets appear to have a rotary dial for the transmission gear range selector and the USA version has a traditional PRNDL gear selector lever. Any idea why? I was hoping the 2023s would all be updated to the rotary style. For those that have taken deliveries of the 2023s in the USA, does it still have the traditional gear selector?
Thanks
You might be the first person I've ever seen who prefers the rotary dial gear selector over the traditional mechanical shifter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks updated and matches the other tech features of the new offerings. I'm retired, but worked in the powertrain sector of the auto industry and have been working with electronic transmission range select (ETRS) for years now. Once you get used to it, it's very nice. Its also a key next step to automated vehicle movement as the industry moves towards fully autonomous vehicles. It won't be too long before you open the "KIA App" on your smart phone and request the vehicle to pick you up a designated location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts