Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, I'm J-

Been lurking for awhile both on the forum and calling dealerships and finally found an acceptable trim available for delivery actually not 3+ months away.

Seems as though in AZ no one wants anything lower than an EX, so I was able to find a few dealers w/ LX & LX-SP trims in their 2023 allocations in the upcoming months - so finding this EX was super lucky for us.

Looking forward to conversing with you all and to start down the mod rabbit hole!

·
Registered
115 Posts
What's up everyone, I'm J-

Been lurking for awhile both on the forum and calling dealerships and finally found an acceptable trim available for delivery actually not 3+ months away.

Seems as though in AZ no one wants anything lower than an EX, so I was able to find a few dealers w/ LX & LX-SP trims in their 2023 allocations in the upcoming months - so finding this EX was super lucky for us.

Looking forward to conversing with you all and to start down the mod rabbit hole!
congrats, im unfamiliar with the US ex trim. I’ll have to look it up!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats, im unfamiliar with the US ex trim. I’ll have to look it up!!!
Yeah check it out! - In short, it has most of the same safety options i.e. turn signal blindspot camera etc. as the SX/XP, larger console screen and digital cockpit. Has 19" alloys but no roof rails.
I wanted an SX but this was a happy compromise vs waiting for 6 months and risking price increase and/or increased dealer markups which are already quite ridiculous. They have all the leverage unfortunately.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah check it out! - In short, it has most of the same safety options i.e. turn signal blindspot camera etc. as the SX/XP, larger console screen and digital cockpit. Has 19" alloys but no roof rails.
I wanted an SX but this was a happy compromise vs waiting for 6 months and risking price increase and/or increased dealer markups which are already quite ridiculous. They have all the leverage unfortunately.
That trim looks really like it’s really value packed.. a lot of good features come with it.
Hopefully you’ll be able to post about it soon. You should be getting it soon no?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That trim looks really like it’s really value packed.. a lot of good features come with it.
Hopefully you’ll be able to post about it soon. You should be getting it soon no?
Thanks man, yeah best value overall I think as well - especially within the context of these inflated prices and dealer markups. I didn't really want the rear entertainment option but it was factory installed so surprise for the kiddos on that one.
Delivery was originally quoted as 6/8. Talked to my guy at the dealership and he said its been pushed to 6/15. It's literally sitting on the port and its just a matter of trucking logistics. Not sure how true this is, but he said they were even offering trucking companies or the trucking union and extra $200 to pick up their cars. Who knows?

I'll definitely post as soon as we have it. We've got a Legoland trip planned that we purposely postponed to use the Carnival lol so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks man, yeah best value overall I think as well - especially within the context of these inflated prices and dealer markups. I didn't really want the rear entertainment option but it was factory installed so surprise for the kiddos on that one.
Delivery was originally quoted as 6/8. Talked to my guy at the dealership and he said its been pushed to 6/15. It's literally sitting on the port and its just a matter of trucking logistics. Not sure how true this is, but he said they were even offering trucking companies or the trucking union and extra $200 to pick up their cars. Who knows?

I'll definitely post as soon as we have it. We've got a Legoland trip planned that we purposely postponed to use the Carnival lol so fingers crossed!
too bad to hear it got pushed a week. Fingers crossed that’s all it’s gonna be.

and yes I was really hoping that I’d get mine by the end of the month so I could take a road trip to Florida but that ain’t happening. I think with all those features it would be a dream vehicle for a road trip. I only wish the drivers seat had the thigh extended and messaging seat like the 2023 palisade calligraphy.

anyways hope you get it soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too bad to hear it got pushed a week. Fingers crossed that’s all it’s gonna be.

and yes I was really hoping that I’d get mine by the end of the month so I could take a road trip to Florida but that ain’t happening. I think with all those features it would be a dream vehicle for a road trip. I only wish the drivers seat had the thigh extended and messaging seat like the 2023 palisade calligraphy.

anyways hope you get it soon.
And a driver side armrest! Best of luck to you too sir!

·
Registered
32 Posts
FYI, I placed an order for an SX about 5 days ago and already got word from dealer that order is fulfilled and They should receive it in 1-2 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI, I placed an order for an SX about 5 days ago and already got word from dealer that order is fulfilled and They should receive it in 1-2 months.
Nice! Where are you located?
SX/SX-P way too popular here in AZ. My reservation is the only one currently available in the state apparently. No way to verify that but that's what they told me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice! Where are you located?
SX/SX-P way too popular here in AZ. My reservation is the only one currently available in the state apparently. No way to verify that but that's what they told me.
I am near Los Angeles, California. But I ordered through a guy named Cedric at Arapahoe Kia in Colorado thanks to a person on here that wrote about it. Got it for MSRP (no markup), which was the main reason I went with them. Here in California markups are $10k-$15k.

Need to figure out if I’m gonna fly out and drive back or they also can do a transport for cheaper through the dealer rather than outsourcing it. That other person on here did the same thing buying from CA and it was like $950. I got a quote separately and it’s like $1,800. Hope I can get it for what they posted they got. And there’s some DMV stuff to figure out later too. Either way still way cheaper than the dealer markups.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice! It would be a 16 hr (1,100 mile) trip for me, so debating if worth the long drive/hotel and adding the extra miles to the Carnival :LOL:
Haha yeah if it weren't so close I would have chosen another dealer and their recommended delivery service. In my area the smallest mark up I've seen was at least $7k. So hopping on a plane for a short flight and driving back is a bit more in my budget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am near Los Angeles, California. But I ordered through a guy named Cedric at Arapahoe Kia in Colorado thanks to a person on here that wrote about it. Got it for MSRP (no markup), which was the main reason I went with them. Here in California markups are $10k-$15k.

Need to figure out if I’m gonna fly out and drive back or they also can do a transport for cheaper through the dealer rather than outsourcing it. That other person on here did the same thing buying from CA and it was like $950. I got a quote separately and it’s like $1,800. Hope I can get it for what they posted they got. And there’s some DMV stuff to figure out later too. Either way still way cheaper than the dealer markups.
Nice! Lived in SCV and Porter Ranch before moving to AZ. Good luck man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts