Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's face it. The tablets on the Carnival are absolute garbage. If they ran just like a normal Android tablet they'd be far more useful. Opening this thread for explorations into this subject if anyone else is fumbling with similar ideas.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Let's face it. The tablets on the Carnival are absolute garbage. If they ran just like a normal Android tablet they'd be far more useful. Opening this thread for explorations into this subject if anyone else is fumbling with similar ideas.
Someone else started a similar thread a while back. You'll have to search the Xda-Forums to find any real solutions to root these devices and hope there's a community of Kia Carnival owners there who are also well versed in modding android. Kind of a long shot IMO.

Maybe try to track down the specific brand/model number of the tablet being used and see if it is used anywhere else in xda to get more engagement?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I feel the same about the tablets. It has to be some form of a common OS that Kia perhaps uses in other vehicles with screens?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How bad is it?I have an sx on order and was not expecting much. I don’t like to give my kids too much screen time so maybe it’s not a bad thing. Are screens removable?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
How bad is it?I have an sx on order and was not expecting much. I don’t like to give my kids too much screen time so maybe it’s not a bad thing. Are screens removable?
They're bad for casting any content from your phone (very hit or miss), but as long as you have them connected to wifi, the pre-loaded apps work well enough to stream content.

And yes - the screens are very easily removed. There's a thread on this forum about it with step by step instructions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts