Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Did you have any luck changing the license plate bulbs? Im having trouble getting the housing to come out to where i can change the bulb.
I tried a couple months ago and nearly scratched the sh*t out of my paint because the darn housing is so hard to pull out. 🤬 It's almost like the wires are too short for the housing to clear the mount. I gave up and ordered some special pry tools but just haven't tried again yet.

However, I think the light in the glove box has a very similar installation method. You can practice on it first and see if the lessons learned can be applied to the license plate bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried a couple months ago and nearly scratched the sh*t out of my paint because the darn housing is so hard to pull out. 🤬 It's almost like the wires are too short for the housing to clear the mount. I gave up and ordered some special pry tools but just haven't tried again yet.

However, I think the light in the glove box has a very similar installation method. You can practice on it first and see if the lessons learned can be applied to the license plate bulbs.
Yeah that is what i noticed as well with the wires not being long enough to pull the housing down. I'll take a look at the glove box light and see if i can figure it out. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I was so close to having all my bulbs changed out, but one of them was improperly labeled as 4000K but was probably 6000K (right side).

Waiting for a replacement so it can match the left side.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Reporting back that I've since swapped from 4500k to 4000k bulbs. The 4500s we're still too blue for my taste. Coincidentally, these are also 2x brighter. The car lights up like the sun 😎. Still gotta swap one last bulb above the front seat passenger then I'm done with the inside. Still gotta figure out the license plate bulbs next.

Car Vehicle Window Head restraint Automotive design

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reporting back that I've since swapped from 4500k to 4000k bulbs. The 4500s we're still too blue for my taste. Coincidentally, these are also 2x brighter. The car lights up like the sun 😎. Still gotta swap one last bulb above the front seat passenger then I'm done with the inside. Still gotta figure out the license plate bulbs next.

View attachment 548
Looks great! What item (s) did you purchase? And how did you get the front visor panel down?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Looks great! What item (s) did you purchase? And how did you get the front visor panel down?
Visor panel removal instructions and bulb sizes are earlier in this thread.

I purchased all my bulbs from superbrightleds.com not as cheap as Amazon but much better selection of color temps. Everything on Amazon is either full 2700k or 6000k with very little in-between.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Visor panel removal instructions and bulb sizes are earlier in this thread.

I purchased all my bulbs from superbrightleds.com not as cheap as Amazon but much better selection of color temps. Everything on Amazon is either full 2700k or 6000k with very little in-between.
Thanks - you really noticed a big difference between 4K and 4.5K? Same with the license plate illumination?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Thanks - you really noticed a big difference between 4K and 4.5K? Same with the license plate illumination?
I should've taken a picture showing the difference side by side, but yes! The 4k is much closer to my taste without looking like traditionally bluish LEDs or the nasty yellow tint of incandescent. I might pop one back in just for comparison later.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I have officially given up on changing out the license plate bulbs. It's impossible to remove the socket from the housing since the damn wires aren't long enough to clear the mounting frame. Dumbest design EVER!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, if you could (in the middle seat since it's easiest), that would be awesome - I'd love to see the 4000K v. 4500K before I buy. We had the 6K in the Sedona my wife had and she hated it. Conversely, I hated the factory bulb. Not sure why Kia can't just put in their LED to all models except base at this point!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts