Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from a 2021 Honda Odyssey the headlights on the Carnival SX are a downgrade for me. I’m missing the headlight brightness the Odyssey has. I have 3 questions

1. Can anyone with an SX or lower share their comments on the headlights?
2. I was thinking of buying the SXP headlight assembly (LED Projectors) and install it. Can anyone with a SXP share their opinion on the projector headlights?
As a side gain I’ll get those beautiful LED turn signals
3. Or should I rather go with an aftermarket headlight package?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Coming from a 2021 Honda Odyssey the headlights on the Carnival SX are a downgrade for me. I’m missing the headlight brightness the Odyssey has. I have 3 questions

2. I was thinking of buying the SXP headlight assembly (LED Projectors) and install it. Can anyone with a SXP share their opinion on the projector headlights?
Sorry, don't got anything for you re: headlights.

If you don't mind me asking, why the change from '21 Ody to '22 Carnival?
Did you trade it in or keeping both?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keeping both for now
Would you be able to share a few PROs and CONs of Carnival against the Odyssey? Most interested in the handling, braking, suspension, and any quirks that would make you go for one or the other. I drove 18' Sedona and it had an extremely mushy suspension that made the passenger and kids in the back car sick. Is this an issue with the new Carnival or did the new platform resolve this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would you be able to share a few PROs and CONs of Carnival against the Odyssey? Most interested in the handling, braking, suspension, and any quirks that would make you go for one or the other. I drove 18' Sedona and it had an extremely mushy suspension that made the passenger and kids in the back car sick. Is this an issue with the new Carnival or did the new platform resolve this?
Ha, a lot of folks asking for this @CrystalSun. You should just do a youTube video. You might be able to monetize it given the number of views that are guaranteed : ). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, a lot of folks asking for this @CrystalSun. You should just do a youTube video. You might be able to monetize it given the number of views that are guaranteed : ). Thanks in advance.
I will post a list of features and functions and my opinion on each feature/function in the coming days

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts

Resurrecting this thread and getting it back on topic.

The SXP headlights have the DRL's double as turn signals. That likely means they have an extra wire or 2 in the harness that may not be compatible with the regular SX harness. There's a used assembly on eBay for $850 right now. I just couldn't shell out that much cash for an experiment like this. Maybe some aftermarket solutions will pop up in the next year or 2?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts