Kia Carnival Forum banner

How hot do your seats get?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2023 Kia Carnival SXP
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the leather heated seats in the SXP don't get that warm?

I just sat in my freind's older KIA Sorento and his heated seats are considerably warmer than my Carnival.

My dealership is an hour away and I don't want to take it in for warranty work if this is the normal behavior.

I searched on multiple forums and didn't see anyone else complaining about them.

· Registered
38 Posts
I have read a few news articles about drivers & passengers getting their backs burned from their heated seats. That is one option I prefer to do without, and would rather invest in high quality winter clothing.

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
I have read a few news articles about drivers & passengers getting their backs burned from their heated seats. That is one option I prefer to do without, and would rather invest in high quality winter clothing.
That's surprising to hear. Surface temps on the seats would have to exceed 130 deg F and the rider would require prolonged skin contact with the seat (i.e. be naked) to receive a 2nd degree burn. Even a 1st degree burn (e.g. sunburn) would require prolonged direct skin contact around 120 deg F. I think you can rest assured no harm would come to you from properly using heated seats. Plus, they come with an off switch if you somehow started to feel pain.

· Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the leather heated seats in the SXP don't get that warm?

I just sat in my freind's older KIA Sorento and his heated seats are considerably warmer than my Carnival.

My dealership is an hour away and I don't want to take it in for warranty work if this is the normal behavior.

I searched on multiple forums and didn't see anyone else complaining about them.
Ours get too hot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts