Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The USB ports are Quick Charge 2.0 compatible, so basically every android phone (except Pixels) can be fast charged using the car's USB ports.

·
Registered
2022 KIA Carnival LXS
6 Posts
There is a removable panel inside the lower cubby (driver's side) behind the 3rd row that reveals a "secret" compartment. It looks like it has molding to hold specific items - like drink cans, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Anyone know what the hidden compartment is for?
I'm not sure what it's intended for but I was able to fold that white bag (to put flat tire in when the spare is used) from the glove box into it for safe keeping.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm not sure what it's intended for but I was able to fold that white bag (to put flat tire in when the spare is used) from the glove box into it for safe keeping.
I definitely didn't get a white bag in my glove box large enough to hold a tire. I just got a clear plastic ziplock bag to hold the paperwork and manuals. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
One thing the dealer told me that I haven't seen in the books: the window lock button on the driver's side door ALSO activates child lock on the rear sliding doors. This is nice for those of us who have kids to tote around (and don't want them opening the door mid-flight), but also have a job where you take clients around to lunch (and don't want to child-lock them in). Basically when you Park the doors are openable from the inside again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a removable panel inside the lower cubby (driver's side) behind the 3rd row that reveals a "secret" compartment. It looks like it has molding to hold specific items - like drink cans, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Anyone know what the hidden compartment is for?
Is this in the sx prestige?? I have a SXP but I’ll have to go check this out

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think it is in all trims.
I found that compartment the day I brought it home.. I just didn’t realize which cubby you were talking about.. I was wondering same thing what it’s for 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was thinking like maybe extra baby wipes, diapers, extra clothes or what ever u needed to store but didn’t always use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called Kia.. they compartment is a concealed compartment (secret storage) not sure what I’m going to use it for, maybe a small tool box 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I called Kia.. they compartment is a concealed compartment (secret storage) not sure what I’m going to use it for, maybe a small tool box 🤷🏼‍♀️
That's actually kinda cool to know that was its design. Might be good to hide something semi-valuable in there, but not sure what though. Wallets and cell phones typically come with you when you exit the vehicle. Right now, I just have the cargo net stored in there since I never use it but don't want to lose it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's actually kinda cool to know that was its design. Might be good to hide something semi-valuable in there, but not sure what though. Wallets and cell phones typically come with you when you exit the vehicle. Right now, I just have the cargo net stored in there since I never use it but don't want to lose it.
It would be a good place for my extra gun clips..

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are always little things that manufacturers and dealers don't advertise that can be cool (or annoying) to discover after you have purchased a car. Let's use this thread to log all of the little hidden tips or features we find! I'll start:

1. The driver memory seat buttons also store the side-view mirror position.
2. When shifting to REVERSE, the side mirrors will tilt down to give you a better view of the curb/lines as you park. This only works though if the mirror adjustment toggle switch is on - by which I mean either the left or right mirror is currently selected. If set to the center position (off), then this feature wont activate.
3. To advance to the next song in a playlist, you have to press DOWN on the steering wheel toggle instead of UP. This just seems counter-intuitive and not consistent with previous Kia's I've owned.

Let us know what you've discovered!
You have a playlist , first song at the top of list , second below it so its entirely logical to press down for the next , third song

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve not been successful tying the key fob to the driver. If you figure out how to make it swap profiles that would be great.

I’ve also had really inconsistent results with the side doors automatically opening on approach with my key fob in pants pocket. Any tricks on this would be great. Back door no issues.
You have to go into settings to change the door settings for the fob..

·
Registered
32 Posts
some cars have a push to play/pause which would be nice
If you are using Bluetooth Audio source the Mute button on the steering wheel works like a Pause button (I just tested it) but if you are using music direct from your phone or usb it does not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have a playlist , first song at the top of list , second below it so its entirely logical to press down for the next , third song
On the radio the UP action goes down the stations, favorites, etc. This is not correct and in their own video explaining the steering controls on other models they suggests UP goes up for radio control:
(at ~30 seconds in) so I wonder if this is just a Carnival issue.

Edit: Just confirmed that it is also the same on the 2021 Seltos

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
Never looked at it this way... But that means most every other car does it wrong?
My subaru does it this way but still doesn't make sense to me, probably because I use a Mac where scrolling up "pushes" the page up so you see more towards the bottom and scrolling down "pulls" the page down where you see more towards the top. In that same way way, up should be next, down should be previous. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
One thing the dealer told me that I haven't seen in the books: the window lock button on the driver's side door ALSO activates child lock on the rear sliding doors. This is nice for those of us who have kids to tote around (and don't want them opening the door mid-flight), but also have a job where you take clients around to lunch (and don't want to child-lock them in). Basically when you Park the doors are openable from the inside again.
I discovered today, that the window lock also prevents the 2nd row sunroof form being controlled in the back when engaged.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts