Kia Carnival Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
In North America we get a spare tire unlike other parts of the world. The secret compartment is where they hold the tire repair kit in other markets where they don't offer the spare.
You're talking about the passenger side; which is not related. We're talking about the driver side.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So this is a very niche suggestion, but I thought it share it for those who live in hotter regions of the country.

On a 95+ degree day, the car had been baking in the sun, and even with remote start, the interior surfaces were still quite warm. I plugged in my phone and fired up AA to navigate and stream music. After a few minutes, I noticed the audio playback would lag when I tried to skip songs. I picked up the phone to see what was going on and it felt incredibly hot to the touch. I assumed the charging + nav + streaming + Texas heat was causing the processor to overheat and throttle performance.

So, I placed the phone into the slot between the cup holders and pointed the air vent in front of it straight down. Within 2 minutes, the phone was much cooler and operating normally again. It may not be ideal, but it's a good way to keep the phone cool in a pinch 👍🏾

·
Registered
160 Posts
Another option might be to get a air vent mounted phone holder, that way it's getting direct cool air.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone have experience using this? Looks pretty cool! I set up a scheduled ventilation.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Another option might be to get a air vent mounted phone holder, that way it's getting direct cool air.
Yeah, I'm aware of them, but I'm not a big fan of having extra mounts, especially ones that block vents. This was a niche use-case that was solved by simply redirecting airflow for a few minutes.

·
Registered
2022 Carnival EX+
7 Posts
You can do that from the UVO APP. you can set how long your car runs (from 1 to 10 minutes) and what temperature you want the climate system to be. You can also have the Front Windshield Defroster come on, the Side and Back Defroster, Heated Steering Wheel and the Heated and Cooled (If installed) Seats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can do that from the UVO APP. you can set how long your car runs (from 1 to 10 minutes) and what temperature you want the climate system to be. You can also have the Front Windshield Defroster come on, the Side and Back Defroster, Heated Steering Wheel and the Heated and Cooled (If installed) Seats.
True unless you bought the car in Massachusetts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a removable panel inside the lower cubby (driver's side) behind the 3rd row that reveals a "secret" compartment. It looks like it has molding to hold specific items - like drink cans, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Anyone know what the hidden compartment is for?
Video I saw showed cleaners etc stored in there

·
Registered
2022 Carnival SX Ceramic Silver
4 Posts
I did not see this listed and just discovered it today. you can program the height the lift gate will go. We park our carnival in the garage and the standard height causes the lift gate to hit the garage door and then bounce back so today I opened it and stopped it where I want it to be then just held the open button until it did a quick 2 beeps. I then closed it and opened it and it stopped where I had it at.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I did not see this listed and just discovered it today. you can program the height the lift gate will go. We park our carnival in the garage and the standard height causes the lift gate to hit the garage door and then bounce back so today I opened it and stopped it where I want it to be then just held the open button until it did a quick 2 beeps. I then closed it and opened it and it stopped where I had it at.
Well I certainly knew you could adjust the opening height in the settings menu, I had no idea you could do it just by holding the hatch button on the dash. Nice 👍🏾

·
Registered
2022 Carnival SX Ceramic Silver
4 Posts
Well I certainly knew you could adjust the opening height in the settings menu, I had no idea you could do it just by holding the hatch button on the dash. Nice 👍🏾
Just to clarify the button I used was the one on the lift gate. It may work on the dash but not sure sorry for not making that clear at first. Also good to know I can do it from settings so thanks for that tip :)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts