Kia Carnival Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I did not see this listed and just discovered it today. you can program the height the lift gate will go. We park our carnival in the garage and the standard height causes the lift gate to hit the garage door and then bounce back so today I opened it and stopped it where I want it to be then just held the open button until it did a quick 2 beeps. I then closed it and opened it and it stopped where I had it at.
Yes I have to set mine to lower too. My garage is only 6’ tall.. Also in settings in car; your able to set the speed of the tail gate.. fast/normal when it opens/closes

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok, Engineering mode Warning, you can really screw stuff up in here, so ummm don't blame me, you've been warned

Turn ON Capture mode (bottom of THIS post ) (its a toggle, do the process to turn it on and off)
Then enter Dealer Mode (Top of the same post)
Then Press and hold the MEDIA button (not on screen, the one below the screen in the dash by the hazard)
Keep holding and there will be some foreign language (Korean?) text, possible warnings, show up
Once 3 or 4 of them have happened you can let go of the button and then Engineering mode will show up on its own.
This has loads of options, and testing. Still trying to work through them all.
In the Nov2021 update they've moved the entrance to engineering mode:
Playstation portable Gadget Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

It brings up a new password prompt without the 4 number restriction but still limited to numbers only.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a removable panel inside the lower cubby (driver's side) behind the 3rd row that reveals a "secret" compartment. It looks like it has molding to hold specific items - like drink cans, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Anyone know what the hidden compartment is for?
I've wondered this as well!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What cleaning supplies? The molding at the bottom of that cubby is very specifically shaped, but also very shallow, so most bottles of cleaning solutions would not fit there.
Not sure what region you are in but there are videos showing people putting cleaning supplies there in a compartment in the rear. I know in the US you will not be able to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a removable panel inside the lower cubby (driver's side) behind the 3rd row that reveals a "secret" compartment. It looks like it has molding to hold specific items - like drink cans, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Anyone know what the hidden compartment is for?
I think it is for the tow ball, but the one I have fitted in Australia doesn't fit, probably different in different countries depending on standards.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX - due Christmas!🎅🤶🦌🦌🦌
1 Posts
Is the rear driver-side cubby, er... "retractable luggage tray" in India... large enough to fit a case that's 11" x 5" x 2"?

There's a portable jump starter which never needs pre-charging that comes in a case that size. 'Autowit SuperCap 2' gets great reviews on Amazon (Amazon.com : AUTOWIT) and seems better than trying to stuff jumper cables somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be fair, we got hosed, have a look at the 2021 Carnival India version features for that area

I want that!!
what additional Options the Indian version has over the US one other than the storage box in the 2nd row and the one behind 3rd row ? Also I believe the current offering in india looks more like Sedona and they may get the newer shape (same as the US one) only around March / April next year.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Discovered a random hidden "feature" the other day. The automatic sliding door on the driver's side has the power killed to it if the gas door is open. I started to close the sliding door and before it finished, I opened the gas tank door and the sliding door immediately stopped moving. The electronics wouldn't get it going again until I closed the gas door. I guess serious damage could be done if you opened the sliding door while filling the tank. I'll give Kia credit here for thinking of a scenario most would not have considered.

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
51 Posts
Has anybody figured out a way to quickly disable all of the safety systems for going through a car wash? It would really be smart for them to add a “car wash“ button to make that easy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anybody figured out a way to quickly disable all of the safety systems for going through a car wash? It would really be smart for them to add a “car wash“ button to make that easy.
What safety stuff goes off during a car wash? The alerts when something is close to hitting the car?

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
51 Posts
What safety stuff goes off during a car wash? The alerts when something is close to hitting the car?
My car wash has instructions at the start to turn off collision avoidance systems so I always turn off the front and rear ones just to be sure, not sure if it would actually set them off or not but don’t want to find out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh. Does the parking sensors button turn that off or is there other stuff you need to turn off in the menu? I have the prestige so maybe you don't have that button down by the shifter

61 - 80 of 83 Posts