Kia Carnival Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
My car wash has instructions at the start to turn off collision avoidance systems so I always turn off the front and rear ones just to be sure, not sure if it would actually set them off or not but don’t want to find out.
Funny you mention this. I've been through a brush-style car wash numerous times and never once thought about disabling the radar features. Also, none of the brushes trigger any warnings to the safety systems. Thinking about it now, I'm actually kind of surprised.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anybody figured out a way to quickly disable all of the safety systems for going through a car wash? It would really be smart for them to add a “car wash“ button to make that easy.
There shouldn’t really be anything on your car you need to turn off.

Most car washes are either ones where you put your car in park and it sprays your car, or ones where you put it in neutral and a belt will pull you along. You’re never in gear, so your parking sensors and collision avoidance aren’t active. As a result, you should have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: UN-Limited

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
29 Posts
There shouldn’t really be anything on your car you need to turn off.

Most car washes are either ones where you put your car in park and it sprays your car, or ones where you put it in neutral and a belt will pull you along. You’re never in gear, so your parking sensors and collision avoidance aren’t active. As a result, you should have nothing to worry about.
This makes sense, the signs at the car wash telling me to turn off collision avoidance systems made me think there could be an issue and definitely don’t want to find out the hard way.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts