Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 KIA Carnival EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a roof top cargo bag that was used with our previous vehicle that had a roof rack. My EX is not equipped with a rack and it’s not looking like Thule is going to put out a retro fitted solution.
I can across some “hook straps” that attach to the pinch weld underneath the door weather strip. I took a look under the driver and sliding door weather strips and it looks like it would work. Just wondering if anyone has tested similar hooks with their cargo?
Leg Product Human body Font Gesture

· Registered
2022 KIA Carnival EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be worried about causing damage to the finish and leading to rust. Can you get a hitch cargo carrier instead?
I hear that. Maybe a padding in between the car and strap. It’s only a temporary fix to get from point A to B and back.
I’m covered on the carrier. Just trying to free up some space on the inside.

· Registered
3 Posts
You could checkout the sea sucker monkey bars. I have the EX as well and am planning to try them if we need to use our cargo box.

· Registered
2022 KIA Carnival EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could checkout the sea sucker monkey bars. I have the EX as well and am planning to try them if we need to use our cargo box.

I looked into those and if I had a cargo box I would be motivated to invest in the monkey bars. But since I have a cargo bag and that we rarely use it anyway I wanted to try something else first.

I would never carry anything of the amount weight it would take to crush the roof. Something like 1500lbs. And as far as scratches go, I’ll put down a cargo blanket.

Trying the hooks and straps out this weekend when we go get our Christmas tree. I’ll post before & after pictures when we get back.

· Registered
2022 KIA Carnival EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're going to end up crushing your roof. There's not enough support under there for this kind of load. There isn't likely to be an aftermarket solution. I'd suggest looking at a tow hitch solution.
Not going to crush my roof. Not sure how you assumed I would without knowing what I was even planning to carry. The roofs are legally supposed to support a high amount of weight in case of roll over per Department of Transportation. And my previous posts show I already have a tow hitch solution. Thanks for your input though, good luck with your Carnival.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts