Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new car in the next two weeks. I'm looking at the LX seat or Ex, maybe an SX. I'm flexible on color and willing to drive a bit, most local dealerships only have 2-4 on their website (going to call this week).

How long did it take you to find your Carnival?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Less than a few weeks. Ordered an SXP in Astra Blue from one dealership and was told it was a few months. Put down a deposit. A week later saw the same car with grey interior at another dealership in town (MN) and went and got it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking to get a new car in the next two weeks. I'm looking at the LX seat or Ex, maybe an SX. I'm flexible on color and willing to drive a bit, most local dealerships only have 2-4 on their website (going to call this week).

A few weeks after we put a deposit (in May) on an SPX that was in transit to the dealership.

That said, I just read a Facebook post that one dealership said Kia stopped production on EX SX (and I assume SXPs as well) because of shortage of tailgate component. I wasn't able to substantiate the information, but I know one thing to be true - these are tough times to try to extrapolate from existing trends what supply is going to look like now or in a few months.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
I started my search back in April. Back then, I could've found and purchased the exact trim/color I own now on the same day, because every dealer had one on their lot. However, it took me nearly 2 months to decide this was the trim/color I wanted. At that point (late May), demand had peaked and you could only buy one by placing a deposit on inbound inventory, so that's what I did. When the car showed up, I purchased it before they had removed the plastic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I've read, chip shortages will last till next year. I've decided to put in an order w/ an out-of-state dealer who's willing to sell at MSRP. Transport will cost another $1~$1.5k, but that's still less than what the local guys are charging, and I get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forever. Like someone above said, the car I wanted was in stock everywhere in April, but by the time I decided I wanted the SX in Astra Blue (late May) it was gone entirely. Nobody in the metro area had any Carnivals in stock. I placed a deposit for an inbound one that matched my exact wants, and they said it'd be arriving in 2-3 days. It wasn't till 6 weeks later when I finally got it in. Worth it in the end!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Forever. Like someone above said, the car I wanted was in stock everywhere in April, but by the time I decided I wanted the SX in Astra Blue (late May) it was gone entirely. Nobody in the metro area had any Carnivals in stock. I placed a deposit for an inbound one that matched my exact wants, and they said it'd be arriving in 2-3 days. It wasn't till 6 weeks later when I finally got it in. Worth it in the end!
Which city? Any markups by the dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts

1 hour .. kia of Riverdale in NJ ... Drove the car home in 3 hours after that ( took that long cuz of the insurance company was hard for them yo insure the car since its not in their system)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts