Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Carnival EX seems to vibrate when getting to around 50mph. It is slight but noticeable enough to drive you crazy especially when going on long drives. It also has what I would consider excessive wind noise but they said that was normal.

Long story short I took it in today and they were able to confirm that it needs an alignment. Problem is they do not have the specs yet so are not able to complete and recommended I get it done when I come back for service. That is at 8 thousand miles and this is a brand new car so we are pretty far away from that.

Anybody ran into this issue before?

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
How did they know it was out of alignment if they didn’t know the specs to align it against? That seems dubious unless it was completely obvious but at that point, eyeballing it would get you probably about to where you are now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They told me they scanned it, here is another picture from the report. I have no idea how this tech works and how they got these results.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
My Carnival EX seems to vibrate when getting to around 50mph. It is slight but noticeable enough to drive you crazy especially when going on long drives. It also has what I would consider excessive wind noise but they said that was normal.

Long story short I took it in today and they were able to confirm that it needs an alignment. Problem is they do not have the specs yet so are not able to complete and recommended I get it done when I come back for service. That is at 8 thousand miles and this is a brand new car so we are pretty far away from that.

Anybody ran into this issue before?

View attachment 292
Not experiencing anything similar, mine is smooth and quiet as of now.

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
They told me they scanned it, here is another picture from the report. I have no idea how this tech works and how they got these results.

View attachment 293
Treadwear doesn’t really give you a good indication of alignment. What they should be looking at is the toe and camber measurements. Toe is almost always set to 0. I would suspect camber should be close to zero as well or possibly the rears have some very slight negative camber. Anyways, if they were to set toe and camber to 0, I think you would be in pretty good shape until they get more exact numbers. If you are feeling some vibration, it could also be that your wheels are out of balance. That’s something easy they can check as well. There is a third dimension to alignment called caster but I don’t suspect that’s something that would need to be adjusted. You may want to take your car somewhere else and get a second opinion.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

I contacted corporate to see what they could do. They are reaching out to the service department at the dealership and get back with me. A 2nd opinion is definitely needed. I feel like they put very little effort into figuring out the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Corporate recommended I get a 2nd opinion.

Made an appointment with another Kia dealership. They completed the tire balance which did make a difference, the car does feel smoother now.

The alignment machine was supposedly down that day so they were not able to check for or complete the alignment.........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Alignment problems usually.... Usually doesn't result in vibration. Pulls and abnormal tire wear are. The problem might be that the tires needs to checked for a balancing issue. Out of balance tires/wheels usually causes vibration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts