Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to show the current radio station/song on the display? All I can see is the tiny little box when you change a channel where the fuel mileage is? But then disappears. When using Android Auto you cannot see the current Radio selection on the 12in screen.

Also, would like to know if you can repurpose that to something else as I do not find it useful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
You have to enable split screen mode in the radio settings menu to see additional vehicle information alongside Android Auto. Once enabled, you can swipe up/down on the far right screen to display various content options, including radio info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to enable split screen mode in the radio settings menu to see additional vehicle information alongside Android Auto. Once enabled, you can swipe up/down on the far right screen to display various content options, including radio info.
That works for the regular radio but not for Android Auto. When AA is active and either Maps or Waze is running, the side screen is just the name of the device and will not let me swipe to change it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
The split screen is enabled and works for everything except during Android Auto. If I am missing an extra step, I appreciate any help!
Let's try one more thing... did you press the tiny triangle on the far right side of the AA display to reveal the split screen window? It is hidden by default for some reason. Once it is revealed, you can swipe up and down on it to see various displays. Please note, you'll only see radio info if you have the radio mode actively selected for audio playback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let's try one more thing... did you press the tiny triangle on the far right side of the AA display to reveal the split screen window? It is hidden by default for some reason. Once it is revealed, you can swipe up and down on it to see various displays. Please note, you'll only see radio info if you have the radio mode actively selected for audio playback.
This is what I see. Don't see a tiny triangle but maybe you can point me in the right direction.
Vehicle Gadget Communication Device Flat panel display Font

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is what I see. Don't see a tiny triangle but maybe you can point me in the right direction.
View attachment 737
You first need to enable split screen in Android Auto settings under device connections.

Unplug your phone, then go to setup > device connections > phone projection/Android Auto. Make sure you have the box that says “enable split screen“ checked.

Then plug your phone back in and you should be set.

Reactions: UN-Limited
1 - 9 of 9 Posts