I really want to love this thing, I really, really do, and in fact, I need to, I need the space.
But coming off my Mazda CX-9, there is so many things about this vehicle that frustrate me to no end. I haven't found a solution to any of them, and hopeful someone here can. I'm desperate.
- Locking the doors. Why do I need the fob in my pocket to lock a door? Sometimes I'll run to vehicle because I forgot to lock it but don't bring my fob, and it wont let me...why!!!!?? Why do all doors need to be closed for me to lock it? The lock button on the inside door (right near the window controls) doesn't ever do anything, I can never get it to lock with this button, what even is the function of this button?
- I have been locked out of the vehicle when I have left it running, and no button pressing on the fob would do anything. Only way to get it to unlock was through the app, even though it said the car was unlocked through the app? So now I have a vehicle that I can't lock when I want it to, but locks when I don't?????? Gah!
- The vehicle TURNED off when I was coming to a stop. Moving about 7 mph, all of sudden it gives me a warning saying "Engine not running, please move car to park". Had to stop the vehicle, put it in park, and start it back up again. This is a very worrisome issue.
- I can't move forward or backwards on recorded stations from the steering wheel on Sirius XM recorded channels. How can this possibly be missed? I am constantly having to take my eyes off the road to use the touchscreen to do this, and I hate doing that. How is there not a control on the steering wheel to do this?
- I have a drive full of M4A (itunes) files for music on a USB drive, but it always says "no supported files". Can this thing really not read M4A files? In 2022!!???
This thing just feels like such a step back from my Mazda even though the Mazda was 3 years older. Right now I feel Kia Engineers, especially those in charge of the infotainment system, need to take notes from the Mazda on how it's done. Everything is leaps and bounds better in the Mazda.
I don't mean to be so negative, but I just bought a brand new $50K vehicle that is nothing but frustrating and disappointing right now.