Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looming at the SX trim and havent figured out which interior. The black syntex seats seem to be beneficial but so mucb white in the interior concerns me. The light tan gives me similiar concerns with grubby hands or shoe rubber. The tuscan is a little over the top though.

Which option did you choose or will you choose? If you have a carniaval and kids, did you make the right decision based on your time so far?

My kids are (-)4 months and 2 years so things get thrown around and will continue dor the foreseesable future. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Not sure this helps, but I purchased the black, leather interior. I've only had it for 1 day, but had similar concerns. I've had black leather before and it has been easier to clean in my experience. Our other car is tan leather and after a few years, it's very difficult to keep clean. It shows a lot of dirt/scum etc that I can't get out. I'll update with a vomit test. I'm sure that's imminent since we bought a new car. Ha!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Great question! My wife and I went through this exact same decision process last week. The white arm rest makes no sense, but I'm not too worried about the other white trim pieces since they're not in high traffic areas. The Tuscan Umber is the next best choice IMO, but I'm concerned that dye from blue jeans will start to show on the orange seats over time. Ultimately, we chose the black. Haven't taken delivery yet though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is the exact dilemma I have, but what is also making the decision tougher is exterior color options. My favorite exterior color is the Flare Red, while my favorite interior color is the Tuscan Umber. Lo and behold, you can't get the Tuscan interior with the Flare Red exterior. So, if I get the red exterior, then I have to go with the black interior with white trim. Which isn't bad, but doesn't look nearly as premium as the Tuscan/black two-tone combo. I have 3.5 yr old twins, and a 4 month old, so I too am concerned about how the white trim parts will hold up with my little monsters.

So it's either Flare red with an interior color that is okay, or it's get the Tuscan interior but then have to go with either Astra Blue or Panthera Grey. I love the Tuscan interior as much as I love the red exterior.

Ughh, decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
This is the exact dilemma I have, but what is also making the decision tougher is exterior color options. My favorite exterior color is the Flare Red, while my favorite interior color is the Tuscan Umber. Lo and behold, you can't get the Tuscan interior with the Flare Red exterior. So, if I get the red exterior, then I have to go with the black interior with white trim. Which isn't bad, but doesn't look nearly as premium as the Tuscan/black two-tone combo. I have 3.5 yr old twins, and a 4 month old, so I too am concerned about how the white trim parts will hold up with my little monsters.

So it's either Flare red with an interior color that is okay, or it's get the Tuscan interior but then have to go with either Astra Blue or Panthera Grey. I love the Tuscan interior as much as I love the red exterior.

Ughh, decisions, decisions.
It is easy to see that Kia positioned the Tuscan Umber as the flagship interior color, and I can also see why a lot of people like it. But I cannot get past how very orange it looks in person. Just a bit to bright and vibrant for my taste. I'm definitely in the minority though as that color is most widely available on the SX and higher. I've been waiting 4 weeks for my Astra Blue SX with Black/White interior to arrive. Seems like it's the only one in the entire city of Houston.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is easy to see that Kia positioned the Tuscan Umber as the flagship interior color, and I can also see why a lot of people like it. But I cannot get past how very orange it looks in person. Just a bit to bright and vibrant for my taste. I'm definitely in the minority though as that color is most widely available on the SX and higher. I've been waiting 4 weeks for my Astra Blue SX with Black/White interior to arrive. Seems like it's the only one in the entire city of Houston.
Yeah, you're definitely in the minority. From all the SX/P listings I've seen on Autotrader, the best majority have the Tuscan-Black interior.

Flare Red is also offered with a Saddle Brown/Black combo but I haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Yeah, you're definitely in the minority. From all the SX/P listings I've seen on Autotrader, the best majority have the Tuscan-Black interior.

Flare Red is also offered with a Saddle Brown/Black combo but I haven't seen one yet.
Maybe that will make my color combo more rare and valuable in the future trade-in market :cool: lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's orange.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's not orange-it's "Martian Brown" (at least in Canada). Mine is in that and I think Martian Brown sounds so much cooler than Tuscan Umber. I would rather my car came from Mars rather than Italy.

·
Registered
2017 Sedona SXL // 2018 Stinger GT2 RWD
14 Posts
I wish they had light gray and black two tone as the website initially showed....versus straight black leather.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the Tuscan Umber, have a 3.5 yr old and a 1.5 yr old. Everyone from the 3.5 yr old to the grandparents love the tuscan umber look (which I was surprised by). Its much better than I expected and not as gaudy. Added benefit, it is the only thing on the market that hides those darn cheetos stains. :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got the Tuscan Umber, have a 3.5 yr old and a 1.5 yr old. Everyone from the 3.5 yr old to the grandparents love the tuscan umber look (which I was surprised by). Its much better than I expected and not as gaudy. Added benefit, it is the only thing on the market that hides those darn cheetos stains. :p
Completely agree. I thought it would be a bright orange but surprised how good it looks in person and how it matches the ceramic silver for me.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Completely agree. I thought it would be a bright orange but surprised how good it looks in person and how it matches the ceramic silver for me.
Yeah, Tuscan Umber is definitely better in person, and is clearly the most premium interior, but it is still a bit more bold than my taste would prefer. I like the classy look of the two-tone black/cream interior, even thought he black hides some of the intricate seat details that stand out more in the Tuscan Umber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts