Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Prestige SX with less than 6,000 miles and have to say it’s not as quiet as I thought it would be. Also, there appears to be a vibration at differing speeds, but definitely more noticeable at 45 and above. Would like to ask a couple questions please:
Anybody notice significant shaking of the seats and monitors while driving on smooth roads for which none of your other vehicles bounce around on?
Anybody else had to have the tires balanced four times in two months (I assure you it wasn’t from hitting holes, curbs, etc)?
What kind of tires came with your Carnival?
I have had mine at the Kia dealer four times since Sept and I’m always told there is nothing wrong. Thanks for your input.

I had the vibration issue.

After several visits to several dealers and multiple balancing of the tires they finally discovered that I had two bad tires. Since replacing the tires the ride is much smoother now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
EX owner here- YES to the wind noise on the freeway. I can only believe it's poorly sealed on the drivers side (oddly enough, the noise is not present on the passengers side). Sounds like the window is slightly cracked open, and is much more noticeable with any crosswinds.

I've logged a complaint from the post above- hope it's addressed and a simple fix, since it seems to be rampant with EX trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read the discussion about wind noise.

please give me your experience for wind noise. Thank u .
Also heard about SX have deadening glass than other trim so maybe quiter ?

Another issue I read is about vibration / shaking after 50-70. can anyone share your experience ? Thx
Hello!

I have the same problem with my KIA Carnival LX+ 2022, when I went on a road test with the assistent sales manager at KIA Val Bélair here in Québec Canada, he told me he could hear very well the front door leaking air as we were driving past 100km/H (60 Mp/H) and that I was to make an appointment with the service department and so I did. Knowing I would need it later I ask to have a Hitch installed at the same time. My appointment came 3 weeks later and when my hitch was installed I asked about my both front door leaking and what parts were ordered to fix the problem. the answer was that no parts were ordered and that it was a normal situation and that they would not do anything about it. This is my first and last KIA. very good gas mileage on that Carnival, on cruise at 100 km you can it 1000km on one tank if alone and empty. but with such poor warranty coverage and none respect of their on line prices, I will file a complaint with the office for the consumer protection and will fixe my front doors myself. I will pup off the seals and add about 1mm of RTV silicone to both front door seals and let dry and after will snap them back in place. they are just not thick enough to do the job. You don't need and engineer to figure that one out. I reach about 80 decibel at 120km/h on highway which is not acceptable for a 45k new vehicle.

Chevy

·
Registered
6 Posts
23 sx, I think I notice the wind noise when driving on the highway. It is there but not very loud. I was moving my head forward and backward to locate the noise. Is it from the driver door or the driver side sliding door? My car only has 150 miles on it. so I think I will ride passenger to see if I hear the same level of wind noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's been several months since I had my Carnival serviced for the wind noise issue. I wanted to wait and see if it was really fixed. I'm happy to say it's 90% better than before. The dealer replaced three different weather strips on the door and added some foam backing to the weather stripping that sits against the driver side window. See the pictures below.

Replaced three weather strips around the door.
Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Motor vehicle Mirror Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Gear shift

Added foam backing to this weather strip (so it seats more firmly against the window).
Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part Automotive tire

This has mostly fixed the wind noise issue where it sounds like your window is slightly cracked. It's not 100% gone, but way better. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That’s great! Gives me hope! What was the conversation you had with your service advisor? Is this an ‘official’ fix from Kia? My advisor acts like my feedback is odd and he’s never heard this complaint before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The advisor I worked with actually recommended the fix. He explained his Telluride does the same thing. I’m pretty sure it’s not official. They first tried “adjusting” the door, which did nothing. For the adjustment, the technician literally just bends the top of the door very slightly. I wouldn’t waste your time with that. The second time, they replaced all the weather stripping and adding the foam. That did the trick.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts