Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
We are having a terrible time with getting the rear entertainment screens to play Netflix or anything on a Roku stick using the car’s wireless hotspot. Weird part is we can watch everything on our phones through the hotspot and the screens work if I am connected to my houses internet, just won’t work if they are connected to the cars hotspot. Have taken it to the dealer twice and they can’t figure it out. Anyone else run into this?
At first I had problems with YouTube because I couldn’t sign into my account, but netflix was working fine. So then I got YouTube to work I can’t sign into my account but the kids can type in anything they want and it comes up just like it does on their iPad, works fine. Now Netflix won’t work… I keep getting the message try later on. I don’t believe in resigning myself to working around the system. I paid a lot for my car and I expect it to perform the way it supposed to perform it’s important that all of us go to the dealership and make an issue of this.

· Registered
31 Posts
At first I had problems with YouTube because I couldn’t sign into my account, but netflix was working fine. So then I got YouTube to work I can’t sign into my account but the kids can type in anything they want and it comes up just like it does on their iPad, works fine. Now Netflix won’t work… I keep getting the message try later on. I don’t believe in resigning myself to working around the system. I paid a lot for my car and I expect it to perform the way it supposed to perform it’s important that all of us go to the dealership and make an issue of this.
what will they do though? I don’t think they’ll do anything 🫤

· Registered
15 Posts
We are having a terrible time with getting the rear entertainment screens to play Netflix or anything on a Roku stick using the car’s wireless hotspot. Weird part is we can watch everything on our phones through the hotspot and the screens work if I am connected to my houses internet, just won’t work if they are connected to the cars hotspot. Have taken it to the dealer twice and they can’t figure it out. Anyone else run into this?
I am having the exact same issue with our Kia. Have tried contacting Kia and they have opened a ticket, but its been a month and nothing has been resolved. Have done latest update to the entertainment system. Our phones connect through the Kia/Verizon hotspot and can stream just fine. The RSE's can connect to our home internet and stream just fine. Yet the RSE's wont connect to the Kia/Verizon hotspot. Extremely frustrating that Kia put in an entertainment system that is virtually worthless. Might as well just have the kids connect their ipads to the Kia/Verizon hotspot and take the RSEs off.
Did you guys ever get it fixed?

I have the Verizon hotspot.
My Phone will connect and work on the Kia hotspot.
My kids iPads will connect and work on the Kia hotspot.
My RES will connect to my home wifi.
My RES will connect to my phone hotspot AND my personal mobile hotspot.

My RES WILLNOT connect to the Kia hotspot (with Verizon enabled - see above phones and ipads do.)

This is crazy. IF either of you did open a case with Kia and don't mind sending me the case#s in PM, I'd be happy to reference them when I call Kia so they know it's a wider issue than just one or two of us. Let me know!

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
People suggest this but idk how to do it and nobody ever explains how to!!
Before the age of streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, etc) people actually purchased a copy of the TV/Movie they wanted and a file would be saved onto their local computer storage. You could copy this file to a flash drive and play it on any device that had a media player. That's what is meant, but unfortunately, isn't practical for most people today who do not own local copies of media content.

· Registered
16 Posts

My RES WILLNOT connect to the Kia hotspot (with Verizon enabled - see above phones and ipads do.)

This is crazy. IF either of you did open a case with Kia and don't mind sending me the case#s in PM, I'd be happy to reference them when I call Kia so they know it's a wider issue than just one or two of us. Let me know!
Hi. Did you get a solution for this? I too have the same problem.

Hi. Did you get a solution for this? I have a same problem.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi. Did you get a solution for this? I too have the same problem.

Hi. Did you get a solution for this? I have a same problem.
I called the Kia Connect Support phone number and the guy told me that I'd need to bring it into a dealership for service as they'd need to write a "tech ticket" for this. Without telling me he's heard of this issue before, he pretty much told me this is a common thing and it needs to be brought in for fixing. I don't know what the fix is though and haven't made an appointment yet.

· Registered
16 Posts
I called the Kia Connect Support phone number and the guy told me that I'd need to bring it into a dealership for service as they'd need to write a "tech ticket" for this. Without telling me he's heard of this issue before, he pretty much told me this is a common thing and it needs to be brought in for fixing. I don't know what the fix is though and haven't made an appointment yet.
Thanks. Please update us when you get the solution.

· Registered
16 Posts
Did you get it fixed?

· Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
137 Posts
Same issues as everyone else on my 23 carnival sx. Bought an Amazon warehouse apple dongle (only $23) so I’ll give the hdmi-in a shot.
You’re likely going to have the same issues I did with a non-Apple dongle. An Apple brand one works better tho I have recently found out it still won’t work for everything: Disney+ is blocked no matter what dongle you use.

· Registered
‘23 Carnival SX
4 Posts
You’re likely going to have the same issues I did with a non-Apple dongle. And Apple brand one works better so I have recently found out it still won’t work for everything: Disney+ is blocked no matter what dongle you use.
Right, I got an apple dongle. If you buy an Amazon warehouse “used” item that was a return, it’s discounted plus an additional 20% off right now. Better than paying $50 for a new one anywhere else.

· Registered
16 Posts
Regarding RES not connecting to Kia Hotspot, i just received an update from my Dealership that they have received the Software CDs to correct the RES hotspot connection issue and Netflix issue. I raised a tech ticket couple of weeks back. It looks like Kia has sent this update to all the dealerships. I will be going on 09/05 to update the software. I will update soon.

· Registered
5 Posts
Same problem here in Brunei! Hotspot works fine with other devices like ipads in the car but you cant even open a YouTube video. It keeps saying "check internet connection". Our local distributor says its a problem KIA (in Korea) trying to sort out. Definitely frustrating as it is not a cheap option to have.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts