Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I placed an order for a SX in July and I have a VIN now, with expected delivery end of this month. While I haven't yet picked it up and the entire transaction is yet to close smoothly, just wanted to note that factory orders do seem to be getting delivered.
Any update on your vehicle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked it up today! Haven’t got a chance to look at all the features yet but driving back was fun. Love the panthera metal color and Tuscan umber interior.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Just picked it up today! Haven’t got a chance to look at all the features yet but driving back was fun. Love the panthera metal color and Tuscan umber interior.
Congratulations! Please let us know if it matches your build or if it was just matched with incoming inventory. I think only the mud flaps from your list are factory options though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s what I was wondering too. The car I got had a couple of things that I didn’t order (cargo net, cargo mat etc) and did not have the things I did order (cross bars, wheel locks etc). But those are not factory fittings anyway, like you said. So, I don’t know for sure this was my order built OR just incoming inventory that Kia matched to my factory order.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
That’s what I was wondering too. The car I got had a couple of things that I didn’t order (cargo net, cargo mat etc) and did not have the things I did order (cross bars, wheel locks etc). But those are not factory fittings anyway, like you said. So, I don’t know for sure this was my order built OR just incoming inventory that Kia matched to my factory order.
It is very likely you placed an "order" with the dealership and they put you on a waiting list for vehicles that matched your trim and color combination. With so many reports of limited production from the factory, it is hard to believe KIA would take away any production capacity to fulfill special order requests. Their top priority is likely keeping dealers stocked as best as possible until things return to normal.

Thanks for giving us your a record of your experience. Enjoy the new ride 👍🏾

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife and I just ordered an astra blue sx model today. We added a few options and paid full msrp. The dealer said could take up to 16 weeks to arrive. We are really excited and I look forward to reading all of your guys posts.
I ordered mine at the same time. I was told the order takes no less than 4-6 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As the others have mentioned. Placing an order with the factory isn't likely going to result in a vehicle being delivered to you. People who placed order back in March still haven't received an order confirmation. The chip shortage has given all production priority to maintaining dealer inventory. The factory is unlikely to fill your order until the supply builds back up at dealerships first. I'm not talking weeks or even months either. You won't see a car in 2021 and maybe not even 2022 the way things are going.

If you really want this car, you'll have to accept it with just the features it comes with as standard and be prepared to hunt for dealers in a 500 mile radius to find one who has the color/trim you want AND isn't charging $5k above MSRP. Don't trust the dealer websites as they will all be using outdated information. You have to call each dealer almost daily to know exactly what vehicle they have on the lot. Plus, many are already sold before they arrive, so you may need to put down a deposit on incoming inventory to reserve yours. This is not the same as factory ordering and is far more likely to get you a car within a month.

Sorry for all the bad news, but that's the reality of the market now. Demand far exceeds supply.
I ordered one and had to pay 2,000 over MSRP. All the rest of the dealerships are charging 10,000-12,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I won't hold my breath if its not but I placed an order for our second carnival on 8/3/21 (had a sienna on order and when it arrived despite contract dealer played shenanigans on price) and it should be arriving this week as of a call from our salesman a few minutes ago. We had a vin assigned within a week. We ordered a fairly basic deep chroma blue lxs with only mud flaps and floormats. Thought about the hitch/roof rack but I felt it would delay the order. We were told 10-14 days for vin/acceptance from kia and then possibly another 4-6 weeks after. We previously bought a lxs flare red from the dealer about 2 months ago.
I ordered mine about 10 days after you and have gotten none of this info.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts