Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting our 2023 carnival next month after 7+ months… just heard that they changed their warranty terms and electronics are only covered for 3 years… but are offering the bumper to bumper for an extra charge. Has anyone else looked over the details in depth and is it worth is to pay for the upgrade?

kinda annoyed because all the electronics was a main concern for me originally due to all the screens and no buttons, but the warranty was good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Getting our 2023 carnival next month after 7+ months… just heard that they changed their warranty terms and electronics are only covered for 3 years… but are offering the bumper to bumper for an extra charge. Has anyone else looked over the details in depth and is it worth is to pay for the upgrade?

kinda annoyed because all the electronics was a main concern for me originally due to all the screens and no buttons, but the warranty was good.
that would be a big change…. Is this for sure true? Can anyone else confirm? I’m going to check the web.

thanks for the info and I hope you’re wrong;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be a big change…. Is this for sure true? Can anyone else confirm? I’m going to check the web.

thanks for the info and I hope you’re wrong;)
That is what the finance guy at the dealership told me over the phone. Send they would send all the details as we get closer to the shipping date so we can decide if we want to purchase extra warranty.

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
92 Posts

Same policy on 2022 also. I was also not thrilled when I found out about it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
696 Posts
Same policy on 2022 also. I was also not thrilled when I found out about it.
Wait wait wait... you mean I've been incorrectly assuming my brand new 2022 carnival has a 5 year / 60k mile warranty when it's really only 3yr / 36k miles?!

Just pulled this from the owner's portal:

10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty*

5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty

5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty

3-year/36,000-mile paint warranty

3-year/36,000-mile original equipment battery warranty

3-year/36,000-mile audio / entertainment warranty

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
92 Posts
Wait wait wait... you mean I've been incorrectly assuming my brand new 2022 carnival has a 5 year / 60k mile warranty when it's really only 3yr / 36k miles?!

Just pulled this from the owner's portal:

10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty*

5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty

5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty

3-year/36,000-mile paint warranty

3-year/36,000-mile original equipment battery warranty

3-year/36,000-mile audio / entertainment warranty
sorry for confusion, I was just referring to the shorter warranty on the infotainment system versus the bumper to bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts