Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Carnival SXP. Tried locking the doors from outside with the fob and handle button while the engine is ON, it did not lock the doors. No response on clicking the lock button. Is this expected? Should i turn OFF the engine to lock the car? I had to drop a package at my UPS, tried to have the car engine running due to weather, but it did not lock.

· Super Moderator
544 Posts
This is impossible. The only way to have the engine running with the doors locked is to turn off the car, exit the vehicle, lock the doors, then turn on the remote start. There may be a way to do this with the emergency key but I haven’t tried it yet.

· Registered
20 Posts
This is impossible. The only way to have the engine running with the doors locked is to turn off the car, exit the vehicle, lock the doors, then turn on the remote start. There may be a way to do this with the emergency key but I haven’t tried it yet.
Thanks. A basic car like nissan altima, carolla, and Nissan rogue has this option, but kia does not have it. Surprising what nade them design like this

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a Carnival SXP. Tried locking the doors from outside with the fob and handle button while the engine is ON, it did not lock the doors. No response on clicking the lock button. Is this expected? Should i turn OFF the engine to lock the car? I had to drop a package at my UPS, tried to have the car engine running due to weather, but it did not lock.
Turn off the car. Get out. Lock the car. Use the remote starter. Deliver your package.

Or it might work if you have two keys and leave one key in the vehicle.

· Registered
2022 Carnival EX
81 Posts
As I have already stated on numerous posts, I HATE how the locks function on the Carnival. Kia force us to either not lock the doors at all or leave the key inside of a running vehicle. Does Kia already have enough issues with their vehicles getting stolen?

· Registered
20 Posts
Yes. Some time scientists think too much and make a silly mistake. Like the great Isaac Newton.

"The scientist is most famous for calculated gravity, but it’s also believed that Isaac Newton invented the cat door. How Stuff Works writes that when Newton was working on his experiments at the University of Cambridge he was constantly interrupted by his cats scratching at the door. So he called the Cambridge carpenter to saw two holes in the door, one for the mother cat and one for her kittens! Apparently both the cats can go thru one hole"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts