1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for sharing, interesting that this author thinks it will share the same 1.6 engine as the Sorento PHEV. I Feel like it will be underpowered but with the price of gas these days it could be worth the trade off.

I did find this part a little confusing…

“Despite the PHEV, looks like Kia will skip it and will focus on a full-electric Carnival, but for now we will have to settle for the hybrid”

So will there be a hybrid or full electric??? Maybe I’m misreading it…

Anywho, with the way things are going who knows when it would be available for purchase and actual delivery…

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing, interesting that this author thinks it will share the same 1.6 engine as the Sorento PHEV. I Feel like it will be underpowered but with the price of gas these days it could be worth the trade off.

I did find this part a little confusing…

“Despite the PHEV, looks like Kia will skip it and will focus on a full-electric Carnival, but for now we will have to settle for the hybrid”

So will there be a hybrid or full electric??? Maybe I’m misreading it…

Anywho, with the way things are going who knows when it would be available for purchase and actual delivery…
I think what they are suggesting is the Kia will release a hybrid-electric (non-plugin) and skip the PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric) in favor of the full on plug-in (non-hybrid) electric. That's supported by the pictures where there are no front electric charging doors (from what I can see).

Personally, I'd love to see the PHEV as it would qualify for a tax credit here in the US.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think what they are suggesting is the Kia will release a hybrid-electric (non-plugin) and skip the PHEV (plug-in hybrid electric) in favor of the full on plug-in (non-hybrid) electric. That's supported by the pictures where there are no front electric charging doors (from what I can see).

Personally, I'd love to see the PHEV as it would qualify for a tax credit here in the US.
Oh yes your explanation makes sense, thanks. I would also prefer the PHEV. Man all this speculation really makes it difficult to purchase a carnival. Buy a gas, wait for possible hybrid-electric or PHEV or just take a total roll of the reliability dice and go for PHEV Pacifica…

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I were to do it all over again, I would do the same and get the ICE Carnival. The resell values on via Carvana are still crazy. If / when a hybrid or AWD (or ideally both) shows up we’ll be trading ours in for a new one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If I were to do it all over again, I would do the same and get the ICE Carnival. The resell values on via Carvana are still crazy. If / when a hybrid or AWD (or ideally both) shows up we’ll be trading ours in for a new one.
is it safe to assume you were able to get one early??

I’m in the Situation where I’ve ordered and who knows when I will receive? Anyways I’m not planning on getting anything else so my deposit and order are staying in the game. I’m hoping that i get some news/ info on my order status soon.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts