Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, We placed our deposit on SX prestige (2K)on August 1. The dealership gave us the heads up at least two months wait when the vehicle might come.

Anyone in MD, VA, took delivery recently for an sx prestige? If yes, how long did it took for you to get a VIN assigned?

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
If you ordered from Kia, you may be waiting a very long time. I don't think anyone on this forum has received a factory order. Your best bet is to search for a vehicle in stock and negotiate a purchase price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you ordered from Kia, you may be waiting a very long time. I don't think anyone on this forum has received a factory order. Your best bet is to search for a vehicle in stock and negotiate a purchase price.
Thank you for your response,
:( I checked all I see in our area LX, No one has the SX prestige, we placed order with the dealer I thinks it’s a factory order?

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Given where you live, i would expand your search area to DE, PA, NJ, VA, and WV. A few hours drive could save you a lot of headache waiting many months without any vehicle in sight. With the markups that these vehicles are garnering, even if yours does come, your order may end up getting resold to someone else at a higher price even though dealerships aren't supposed to do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Given where you live, I would expand your search area to DE, PA, NJ, VA, and WV. A few hours drive could save you a lot of headache waiting many months without any vehicle in sight. With the markups that these vehicles are garnering, even if yours does come, your order may end up getting resold to someone else at a higher price even though dealerships aren't supposed to do that.
Thanks for the tips, but here is what I found so far, and it's not good; almost 500miles away and still saying arriving soon lol.

found so far, and it

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Thanks for the tips, but here is what I found so far, and it's not good; almost 500miles away and still saying arriving soon lol.

View attachment 494 found so far, and it
When we were shopping around, the Kia tool wasn't at all accurate. We ended up just calling around to different dealers to see what they had on the lot. Maybe it's different now but might be worth a few mins to call around just to see if any dealers have inventory different that what's listed on the Kia tool.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
As already suggested, a factory order is basically a waste of time. No one on this forum has taken delivery of a factory order in all of 2021. Call the dealers, establish a report with one that isn't marking up vehicles, and try to reserve inbound inventory with a deposit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I called today Ourisma Kia in Chantily and was given an offer I can't refuse, on the incoming black on black SX-P they have on the way:
  • no deposit, no sale in advance of delivery. First come first serve. car expected around 09-Sep
  • the price of the day (I guess it's like fish at a restaurant) is 64,500$ for the car with 48,500 MSRP!!!

I laughed out loud and closed the call gently :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called today Ourisma Kia in Chantily and was given an offer I can't refuse, on the incoming black on black SX-P they have on the way:
  • no deposit, no sale in advance of delivery. First come first serve. car expected around 09-Sep
  • the price of the day (I guess it's like fish at a restaurant) is 64,500$ for the car with 48,500 MSRP!!!

I laughed out loud and closed the call gently :)
Lol thanks for the update, I was also given an offer by King Kia Gaithersburg, 48,500 MSRP and 6K markup plus $995+taxes first come first serves but not the color I wanted, as per the sales man it will arrive on September 9.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Given in the other thread that the factory is now shut down due to a Covid outbreak, inventory is going to get really tight. Which of course means additional markups for everybody else. If you aren’t willing to fork out the additional markup, you should look at alternatives like Toyota, Chrysler, or Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carnival delivery story - We are in NC, and reached out to every Kia dealer within 3hrs of us, starting in April. A dealer finally reached out in May, a Black SXP had come off the truck less than 12hrs prior, wasn't earmarked for anyone. We drive an hour, spend HOURS at the dealership, finally buy the car for 48k AFTER trade-in, paid 32k in cash. They bring it up to us for handoff, and somehow, between us testing it and them cleaning it up, the door cable assembly on the driver's side slider BROKE. To the point where, it wouldn't open all the way and was no longer safe to drive, and we had to leave it with them. Skip ahead, past months of arguing, cursing, threatening, begging...we finally took delivery on 8/20, over 100 days after paying for it. As horrible as this experience was, I know we'd STILL be waiting if we'd had to order one. But we LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Carnival delivery story - We are in NC, and reached out to every Kia dealer within 3hrs of us, starting in April. A dealer finally reached out in May, a Black SXP had come off the truck less than 12hrs prior, wasn't earmarked for anyone. We drive an hour, spend HOURS at the dealership, finally buy the car for 48k AFTER trade-in, paid 32k in cash. They bring it up to us for handoff, and somehow, between us testing it and them cleaning it up, the door cable assembly on the driver's side slider BROKE. To the point where, it wouldn't open all the way and was no longer safe to drive, and we had to leave it with them. Skip ahead, past months of arguing, cursing, threatening, begging...we finally took delivery on 8/20, over 100 days after paying for it. As horrible as this experience was, I know we'd STILL be waiting if we'd had to order one. But we LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Wow! Did you have to get Kia corporate involved?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! Did you have to get Kia corporate involved?
Yep, the local dealership was horrendous (only the service manager was great, sales can kiss my @$$). We went through 2 levels of support at KiaUSA, I complained a LOT on Twitter. The escalation guys were good, but there was a limit to what they could do. I found an email address for a Sales VP and my hubby emailed him. He was able to keep us better informed, and made sure a part was earmarked for us and FedExed to our dealership as soon as they came into the US.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Yep, the local dealership was horrendous (only the service manager was great, sales can kiss my @$$). We went through 2 levels of support at KiaUSA, I complained a LOT on Twitter. The escalation guys were good, but there was a limit to what they could do. I found an email address for a Sales VP and my hubby emailed him. He was able to keep us better informed, and made sure a part was earmarked for us and FedExed to our dealership as soon as they came into the US.
Glad to hear you finally got it resolved. We had a similar issue with the fuel rail recall as we had an 8 week trip planned and needed the vehicle. Luckily, we had a friendly service manager pushing Kia Corporate to earmark a fuel rail for us which arrived just in time. We left on our trip two days later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts