Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer said they were told to stop placing order for Carnival. Just google found the news.https://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20210727/STORY/912343488/Kia-suspends-production-after-COVID-19-outbreak-at-factory

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
And we thought it was challenging to get a carnival now. With a further tightened inventory, prices are really going to shoot up as demand is going to far outstrip supply.

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
On top of the delta outbreaks, there's been some worker strikes as well in Korea, and rumors of more strikes coming for Hyundai and Kia. The other manufactures are no different, there is still a serious shortage of parts in Japan, more than just microchips, Toyota halted production in their Japan and Thailand plants recently. I'm afraid people will be waiting a lot longer than dealers have promised for new cars, and its the same situation for basically every brand.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
On top of the delta outbreaks, there's been some worker strikes as well in Korea, and rumors of more strikes coming for Hyundai and Kia. The other manufactures are no different, there is still a serious shortage of parts in Japan, more than just microchips, Toyota halted production in their Japan and Thailand plants recently. I'm afraid people will be waiting a lot longer than dealers have promised for new cars, and its the same situation for basically every brand.
Toyota most recently during the Olympics was offering $500 cash back on a Sienna. Even with a higher base MSRP, it may be a better deal than the MSRP+ with the Carnival not to mention you can actually purchase a Sienna right now. That said, I love our Carny and wouldn't trade it for any other minivan out there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Toyota most recently during the Olympics was offering $500 cash back on a Sienna. Even with a higher base MSRP, it may be a better deal than the MSRP+ with the Carnival not to mention you can actually purchase a Sienna right now. That said, I love our Carny and wouldn't trade it for any other minivan out there.
From a pricing perspective you might be right. I just could not settle for that much less cargo space, and ride quality and the fact that it has no real bumper...

·
Registered
128 Posts
And we thought it was challenging to get a carnival now. With a further tightened inventory, prices are really going to shoot up as demand is going to far outstrip supply.
This should be a concern to all of us, because it can affect spare parts availability...

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
I don't think there is any carnival windshields available in all of Canada at the moment. Parts are deff an issue already and for all manufactures at the moment. There is no sienna stock around me, there's actually more new carnivals available than new seinnas in my area, they are all base model carivals for the most part though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
, they are all base model carivals for the most part though.

Agree, lots of base LX and LX+ models around where I live. Hope we don't get to a situation where folks will be scrambling for base models (take what you can get). The chips shortage situation is not getting better. Part of the problem is the manufacturing is not de-centralized, mostly concentrated in few countries in China/Taiwan/Korea/Japanand some southeast asian countries such as Malaysia, Vietnam, Phillipines and Thailand. President Biden is pushing to increase capacity in the US but this will take some time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Major point here! I'm worried as it is about repair parts if we're involved in an accident. Seems like it may only get worse.
We had a 2021 Kia Sedona that was in a major wreck with about $16k damage. Farmers Insurance, after over a month of deliberation, finally totalled the car because repair parts were unavailable. We settled for our original price paid plus about $500 due to the used car shortage and bought a Kia Carnival, sight unseen, from an out-of-town dealership. I drive CONSERVATIVELY now because I don't want to lose my Carnival to a simple parts shortage! I am certain that parts and repairs could create a big problem for Carnival owners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts