Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I am late to the game here but my family is interested in a Kia Carnival as our next vehicle, as it seems like many others are as well! Given the fact that they are so hard to find, it doesn’t appear that it will be possible to test drive one before ordering.

We are interested in the LXS or EX trim levels, but I wanted to get some advice on how to go about getting one. Is our best bet to try to get one from a situation where someone changed their mind after ordering? Would it be best to wait for the 2023 model year at this point? I’m guessing ordering one now will have us wait ~8 months.

I’d prefer to not go much higher than MSRP, which I know may be difficult. I’d appreciate any tips/info.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
The next month or so you should hear what’s coming for 2023. Consensus is that there won’t be many changes if any but the really interesting news will be for the 2024 model which is expected to have some hybrid capabilities.

If you are in need of one sooner, best advice is to start calling every Kia dealership nearby. There is a user on this forum that is a salesperson in MA that claims they never sell above MSRP, so if that’s within your geo, you might reach out to them.

If you put a deposit down, make sure it’s refundable and you use a credit card. There are some unscrupulous dealers out there that will try to keep your deposit.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Also, don't be afraid to search outside of your typical driving radius; especially looking at small town family owned dealerships. They'll have less inventory, but are less likely to mark-up above MSRP. Even if you find someone 600 miles away, it's often pretty cheap to buy a 1 way plane ticket and drive the new car home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next month or so you should hear what’s coming for 2023. Consensus is that there won’t be many changes if any but the really interesting news will be for the 2024 model which is expected to have some hybrid capabilities.

If you are in need of one sooner, best advice is to start calling every Kia dealership nearby. There is a user on this forum that is a salesperson in MA that claims they never sell above MSRP, so if that’s within your geo, you might reach out to them.

If you put a deposit down, make sure it’s refundable and you use a credit card. There are some unscrupulous dealers out there that will try to keep your deposit.
Thanks so much for the detailed response! I like the idea of calling nearby dealerships and just sort of start to get on their lists. And good advice on the deposit - I’ll make sure to keep that in mind. Thanks again for the response!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, don't be afraid to search outside of your typical driving radius; especially looking at small town family owned dealerships. They'll have less inventory, but are less likely to mark-up above MSRP. Even if you find someone 600 miles away, it's often pretty cheap to buy a 1 way plane ticket and drive the new car home.
Great suggestion, I hadn’t thought about that and will definitely look into it. The price for a plane ticket is probably going to be way less than the markup on some at some of these dealerships. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I realize I am late to the game here but my family is interested in a Kia Carnival as our next vehicle, as it seems like many others are as well! Given the fact that they are so hard to find, it doesn’t appear that it will be possible to test drive one before ordering.

We are interested in the LXS or EX trim levels, but I wanted to get some advice on how to go about getting one. Is our best bet to try to get one from a situation where someone changed their mind after ordering? Would it be best to wait for the 2023 model year at this point? I’m guessing ordering one now will have us wait ~8 months.

I’d prefer to not go much higher than MSRP, which I know may be difficult. I’d appreciate any tips/info.

Thanks!
TRY GOING BACK AND FORTH TO THE DEALER. That's how I got my SXP on site. there was a waiting list everywhere and dealers were trying to add a extra $5K to MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival LX in Silky Silver
49 Posts

Thanks!
You could try the method I used. I described it in this post:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts