Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when you move the middle seats forward to get to the back, they have I think 3 positions they can go back to. I wonder if there is any way to make it so they can't be pushed all the way back? I find it's difficult for my kids to feel it out and get it back into place. Anyone have any tips on getting in the back easier lol? It's also a pain because we have car seats in the middle and the seat back can't move much. I tried removing the 2nd row center seat as an alternative but then the middle seats don't have an armrest which kinda sucks

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Armrests on the inside of the seats. Seems crazy to not have an armrest
Sorry - I meant I don't understand what you're using the seats for. You mentioned you have car seats that limit your access to the 3rd row (rear facing I assume), but that you also need a second arm rest for the outboard seats. As far as I know, you can't sit in a seat that has a car seat in it, so it wasn't clear to me how you were using the seats. Also, design-wise, where would the second armrest go without impacting the middle seat? And don't forget, the middle seat becomes the arm rest when folded down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry - I meant I don't understand what you're using the seats for. You mentioned you have car seats that limit your access to the 3rd row (rear facing I assume), but that you also need a second arm rest for the outboard seats. As far as I know, you can't sit in a seat that has a car seat in it, so it wasn't clear to me how you were using the seats. Also, design-wise, where would the second armrest go without impacting the middle seat? And don't forget, the middle seat becomes the arm rest when folded down.
Just look at other minivans. The Odyssey has 8 passengers and the middle seats have armrests still built into the seat that when folded up become part of the seat back. Same thing with the 8 passenger pacifica. Also on those the seats don't require separate motions for accessing the back seat (slid and tilt)...the entire seat tilts forward so car seats are not an issue.

I personally have a newborn and older child in a booster seat occupying the 2nd row. The booster seat kinda has an armrest but they suck and my kids are large enough to benefit from actual armrests and almost out of boosters. Also, we usually don't use the 8th (middle center seat) during travel because we need that extra space for things like coolers/luggage/toys so on long trips, middle passengers will never have an armrest! Only van I've seen this with. This will be worse when they are older and don't have car seats. It's bad enough that I'd spend $500 on a different seat if that was an option

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Just look at other minivans. The Odyssey has 8 passengers and the middle seats have armrests still built into the seat that when folded up become part of the seat back. Same thing with the 8 passenger pacifica. Also on those the seats don't require separate motions for accessing the back seat (slid and tilt)...the entire seat tilts forward so car seats are not an issue.

I personally have a newborn and older child in a booster seat occupying the 2nd row. The booster seat kinda has an armrest but they suck and my kids are large enough to benefit from actual armrests and almost out of boosters. Also, we usually don't use the 8th (middle center seat) during travel because we need that extra space for things like coolers/luggage/toys so on long trips, middle passengers will never have an armrest! Only van I've seen this with. This will be worse when they are older and don't have car seats. It's bad enough that I'd spend $500 on a different seat if that was an option
Sounds like the 7 seater trim would have fit your usage case better than the 8 seater. You can always sell it for a nice profit if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the 7 seater trim would have fit your usage case better than the 8 seater. You can always sell it for a nice profit if it bothers you that much.
Kind of lol. They don't make the 7 seater option except in the prestige and in that system the middle seats are massive like lounge chairs so getting to the 3rd row at all is a nightmare. That's why I went for the SX with 8 seats but I didn't realize they didn't have an arm rest...just assumed since it's the first van/suv I've seen that didn't have this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts