Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to replace my Odyssey and the Carnival caught my eye. I'm learning lot reading here!

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
There are a some really bad, slimy, Kia dealerships in SE PA. I would avoid Kia of West Chester, Kia of Cherry Hill (NJ), and Murray Kia of Conshohocken. Either crazy markups added with stuff you don't need (ceramic coating, window etching, etc) or just very unethical business practices (taking your deposit and then not delivering your vehicle and refusing to refund your money). We had really good luck at Lancaster Kia but I've heard that since people from SE PA are heading out there, they have started to add markups on vehicles. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are a some really bad, slimy, Kia dealerships in SE PA. I would avoid Kia of West Chester, Kia of Cherry Hill (NJ), and Murray Kia of Conshohocken. Either crazy markups added with stuff you don't need (ceramic coating, window etching, etc) or just very unethical business practices (taking your deposit and then not delivering your vehicle and refusing to refund your money). We had really good luck at Lancaster Kia but I've heard that since people from SE PA are heading out there, they have started to add markups on vehicles. Good luck!
Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bergey Kia in Lansdale, PA was great to deal with. We just got our LXS for MSRP, no markup at all. They are a smaller dealer however and don't seem to be getting as many Carnivals as other dealers (they are currently expanding however so that may change)
I can concur that Kia of Warrington is horrible to deal with. They are marking up 6k over MSRP and I laughed at them. No one is biting because they've had the same Carnivals on their lot for almost 2 weeks.
Fred Beans Kia in Langhorne was nice; their markup is $2k. Not as bad as others, but still more than I'd be willing to pay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bergey Kia in Lansdale, PA was great to deal with. We just got our LXS for MSRP, no markup at all. They are a smaller dealer however and don't seem to be getting as many Carnivals as other dealers (they are currently expanding however so that may change)
I can concur that Kia of Warrington is horrible to deal with. They are marking up 6k over MSRP and I laughed at them. No one is biting because they've had the same Carnivals on their lot for almost 2 weeks.
Fred Beans Kia in Langhorne was nice; their markup is $2k. Not as bad as others, but still more than I'd be willing to pay.
DO you have a sales rep at Bergey Kia you would recommend dealing with? Im looking to lease a carnival lxs and have had a tough time dealing with the dealers here in NJ. I was going to expand my search to PA and identified Bergey Kia as one potential dealership to contact. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can’t remember the salesman’s name (I can find out) but it’s pretty small and I don’t think there were too many (he was the only one working the day we bought out Carnival). They are pretty straight forward though. The price is the price which for the Carnival was the MSRP. No price gouging. Also no upselling or trying to get us to buy any of the warranty add-ons even when we sat down with the sales manager to do all the paperwork.
if you’re looking for a lease, I’d feel confident that the price they give you based on your credit is the best you’ll get. They might show you how you can change the monthly price with money down or lower mileage or different length of terms but none of it is shady. Note that I didn’t ask about a lease, when we asked about putting down more money or doing a longer finance they plugged it right into their program which spits out a price. None of this “pulling the price out of nowhere” crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can’t remember the salesman’s name (I can find out) but it’s pretty small and I don’t think there were too many (he was the only one working the day we bought out Carnival). They are pretty straight forward though. The price is the price which for the Carnival was the MSRP. No price gouging. Also no upselling or trying to get us to buy any of the warranty add-ons even when we sat down with the sales manager to do all the paperwork.
if you’re looking for a lease, I’d feel confident that the price they give you based on your credit is the best you’ll get. They might show you how you can change the monthly price with money down or lower mileage or different length of terms but none of it is shady. Note that I didn’t ask about a lease, when we asked about putting down more money or doing a longer finance they plugged it right into their program which spits out a price. None of this “pulling the price out of nowhere” crap.
Yup thanks for the feedback. I contacted them yesterday and dealt with Tony and it was exactly as you said. The lease was based on MSRP and any changes I wanted to make he was able to make the adjustments with me right there on the phone without having to go to a sales manager and waiting to get the "new numbers". While normally getting a lease at MSRP is not a great deal ( I don't think I've ever paid retail for a vehicle) in this market and with this specific vehicle it ended up being the best deal I got and the process was painless.
I ended up getting the LX w/seat package in snow white pearl and put a deposit on the vehicle. Now I just got to figure out how to get there as I'm coming all the way from Central NJ!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure exactly where I’m central NJ you are but Yeah public transportation is pretty horrible. And even then you’d end up down in Philly to go up to lansdale. If you can’t find someone to give you a ride your best bet may be to just find an Uber or Lyft that will go that far. It may end up being $100 or so but will also save you a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure exactly where I’m central NJ you are but Yeah public transportation is pretty horrible. And even then you’d end up down in Philly to go up to lansdale. If you can’t find someone to give you a ride your best bet may be to just find an Uber or Lyft that will go that far. It may end up being $100 or so but will also save you a lot of aggravation.
I'm making arrangements now to have someone take the road trip with me to pick up the vehicle, but thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts