Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I almost bought a SX Prestige with $8k above MSRP yesterday, and backed out of it.

I've been reading some posts here to get more information. Would appreciate it if anyone has a good tip for me to secure one at or close to MSRP in TX.

Heard it today that Kia Fort Bend cannot take any additional order at this moment.

Thank you,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

I almost bought a SX Prestige with $8k above MSRP yesterday, and backed out of it.

I've been reading some posts here to get more information. Would appreciate it if anyone has a good tip for me to secure one at or close to MSRP in TX.

Heard it today that Kia Fort Bend cannot take any additional order at this moment.

Thank you,
I placed my order in early July at Fort Bend KIA. I didn't hear anything from them by now.
I have been looking for an SX, EX, or SXP around Houston for a few months, but there has been no result.
Mike Shaw KIA might take the additional order, the sells asked me if I need to place my order last week.

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you,
For $8K over MRSP you could buy from almost any dealer in the lower 48 at MSRP, pay to have it shipped to your residence and still have $5K plus left over. I've heard of others hopping on a one-way flight and then cross country driving it back home. We live outside of the Philly area but ended up getting ours driven over to us (for free) from Pittsburgh, PA. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For $8K over MRSP you could buy from almost any dealer in the lower 48 at MSRP, pay to have it shipped to your residence and still have $5K plus left over. I've heard of others hopping on a one-way flight and then cross country driving it back home. We live outside of the Philly area but ended up getting ours driven over to us (for free) from Pittsburgh, PA. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
You pretty much described our situation. $6k mark up avoided by buying out of state. We debated me flying out and driving back, ended up shipping it for $1100. Ended up about $5300 ahead and got to rub it in our local dealers face when they called again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just ended up paying the markup. Over 20% down-payment. I had no choice though I needed a vehicle. To get msrp I had to order one from the dealer and that would of taken months. I called literally EVERY Kia in TX it seems. Secured our Sx with a deposit and a week later she was ours 😊 Hope you find one at msrp. Wish I had the option to wait it out! No regrets though 😄

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
We just ended up paying the markup. Over 20% down-payment. I had no choice though I needed a vehicle. To get msrp I had to order one from the dealer and that would of taken months. I called literally EVERY Kia in TX it seems. Secured our Sx with a deposit and a week later she was ours 😊 Hope you find one at msrp. Wish I had the option to wait it out! No regrets though 😄
No regrets is what it’s all about… Regardless of the number on the sticker, if you feel like you got what you wanted at a fair price then the rest is water under the bridge. Congratulations and welcome to the Carny club.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you,
Hi if you are still looking try out of state especially if you need close to msrp..last time I checked kia in Lincoln Nebraska was expecting a red sx prestige. I would also check Huffines kia in Corinth and McKinney, granbury kia, Moritz kia dealerships and kia in Waco which has very low markups not more than $600-$1200..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts