Kia Carnival Forum banner

National Stop Sale Bulletin

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  fishgill 
#1 ·
I was scheduled to take delivery of a new Carnival today at a dealer in Michigan. Just received a call that KIA has placed a national stop sale order out and the dealer can't finish the transaction but the vehicle will still be held for me. The sales guy didn't know the reason why yet. No money has changed hands so no big deal...but sounds like possibly a safety issue as a national stop sale bulletin seems pretty drastic. Anyone know anything about this? I haven't been able to locate anything online.

#5 ·
Was going to be an SXP....but can't imagine a national stop sale order on something that isn't a safety issue....outlets not working...or dvd issues are certainly issues but not safety...unless fire hazard...guess we will wait and see....maybe the emergency is they realized they priced them too low :) :)

#7 ·
That is a bummer. I'll be checking with my dealer Monday (things move slower in Middle Georgia). There is nothing on the net about a recall. I wonder if Kia issued a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) instead. That way it is all internal and nothing needs to be reported to the NHTSA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.