Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the advice I saw in this forum, I bought the Curt hitch received today. I have no idea what wiring harness to get, my mechanic said to be sure to bring it with the hitch for the install. I plan to pull a 2000-lb teardrop camper. I'm just a girl Lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
On the advice I saw in this forum, I bought the Curt hitch received today. I have no idea what wiring harness to get, my mechanic said to be sure to bring it with the hitch for the install. I plan to pull a 2000-lb teardrop camper. I'm just a girl Lol.
I bought the factory trailer wiring harness. Plugs in under the car behind the right rear wheel. No cutting or crimping of wires, just remove a existing plug cover and plug in the wiring harness. Has 4 prong trailer plug that goes over to the hitch. Takes 2 minutes to install after you remove the plastic shield behind the right rear wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the factory trailer wiring harness. Plugs in under the car behind the right rear wheel. No cutting or crimping of wires, just remove a existing plug cover and plug in the wiring harness. Has 4 prong trailer plug that goes over to the hitch. Takes 2 minutes to install after you remove the plastic shield behind the right rear wheel.
Could you please tell me where you bought? That's what I'll do then even tho it's $179 v what Uhaul would use for $35:For those who want to take the chance: Moving supplies: Product name | U-Haul .

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
29 Posts
There is one online Kia dealership that others have suggested avoiding. Check out some of the other threads.
From any Kia dealer online. Just google it and shop for best price.
If you get the factory hitch, do you also get the factory wiring? My Carnival I'm buying next weekend has the hitch as a factory option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts