Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the advice I saw in this forum, I bought the Curt hitch received today. I have no idea what wiring harness to get, my mechanic said to be sure to bring it with the hitch for the install. I plan to pull a 2000-lb teardrop camper. I'm just a girl Lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the advice I saw in this forum, I bought the Curt hitch received today. I have no idea what wiring harness to get, my mechanic said to be sure to bring it with the hitch for the install. I plan to pull a 2000-lb teardrop camper. I'm just a girl Lol.
I bought the factory trailer wiring harness. Plugs in under the car behind the right rear wheel. No cutting or crimping of wires, just remove a existing plug cover and plug in the wiring harness. Has 4 prong trailer plug that goes over to the hitch. Takes 2 minutes to install after you remove the plastic shield behind the right rear wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the factory trailer wiring harness. Plugs in under the car behind the right rear wheel. No cutting or crimping of wires, just remove a existing plug cover and plug in the wiring harness. Has 4 prong trailer plug that goes over to the hitch. Takes 2 minutes to install after you remove the plastic shield behind the right rear wheel.
Could you please tell me where you bought? That's what I'll do then even tho it's $179 v what Uhaul would use for $35:For those who want to take the chance: Moving supplies: Product name | U-Haul .

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
There is one online Kia dealership that others have suggested avoiding. Check out some of the other threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts