Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard from their dealer that Kia is no longer accepting orders for Carnival’s and that they are not expecting any new inventory as they are switching production to more popular models?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Has anyone heard from their dealer that Kia is no longer accepting orders for Carnival’s and that they are not expecting any new inventory as they are switching production to more popular models?
One of our members is a kia dealer, and even he says that dealers don't REALLY know this type of info. So take it with a large grain of salt. If you talk to 3 different dealers, each one will tell you they "heard" something different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are hard to get but they are coming in I have 2 orders and they both are coming in this month. So things are picking up for sure. Make sure you ask about mark ups We here are not going over MSRP never did and never will not a time to try and take advantage of customers that is what out owner is saying. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
They are hard to get but they are coming in I have 2 orders and they both are coming in this month. So things are picking up for sure. Make sure you ask about mark ups We here are not going over MSRP never did and never will not a time to try and take advantage of customers that is what out owner is saying. Hope this helped.
Family owned dealerships are the way to go in this economic climate. The corporate dealerships are all taking advantage of the situation and marking up prices. In fairness to them though, they are selling fewer cars due to the shortages and they want to make up the difference somewhere. However, as the consumer, we ultimately have all the power and we can choose to shop elsewhere. In general, I recommend finding a family owned dealer, call them, and get on their waiting list for the car you want. Once it arrives, you'll have a much better buying experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s awesome of you all.

here in California the mark-up’s are 15-19k for the carnivals. I even looked as far north as Washington state and they had a mark up too.

to the point of ordering…I talked to at least 2-3 dealers and they weren’t doing the custom ordering. Just selling what they had, if they had, and selling what they had on the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That’s awesome of you all.

here in California the mark-up’s are 15-19k for the carnivals. I even looked as far north as Washington state and they had a mark up too.

to the point of ordering…I talked to at least 2-3 dealers and they weren’t doing the custom ordering. Just selling what they had, if they had, and selling what they had on the way.
if you would like to come here and sign and do your own delivery transport we could help you out. I know it is alot but I am here to try and help anyone. that is crazy that they are doing this to you I am so sorry

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you would like to come here and sign and do your own delivery transport we could help you out. I know it is alot but I am here to try and help anyone. that is crazy that they are doing this to you I am so sorry
I’m absolutely not opposed to this at all. I’m still trying to research if the configuration and backseat area will work for our desires and four kids (used to the Pacifica). But I will shoot you a message when I get closer to decision time. Thank you much.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival LX in Silky Silver
49 Posts
I’m in Northern California and put a deposit on an incoming LX sight unseen from a dealer in Colorado because they only wanted $700 doc fee as their markup. After it came in, we did all the paperwork over the phone and through FedEx. The purchase process was pretty easy and it’s currently on a transport. So, hopefully everything is right when we receive it this week.

Since the lowest markup we could get for an LX in California was $5k, we were okay with paying the transport cost plus $700 doc fee to avoid the markups here.

From my experience, I’d just look at Kia dealers on Google maps, start calling and keep going further out from your location. Kia’s website and dealer websites aren’t always accurate, so calling seemed to work best for finding out what’s inbound.

Another thing we ran into when searching; dealers had less markup for incoming stock vs stock on hand. If you’d put a deposit on incoming stock, many dealers would charge less markup and not force extra accessories.

Good luck! I hope everyone finds what they want at a reasonable price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.