Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s going on with the Carnival. I’m always checking inventory nearby and nothing has landed! What’s going on with KIA?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
What’s going on with the Carnival. I’m always checking inventory nearby and nothing has landed! What’s going on with KIA?
As you'll likely see from various posts on this board and new articles on TV and the web, there is a severe chip shortage across the globe that is causing many auto makers to reduce or even shut down production due to low supplies. My local Kia dealer in Houston had a total of 10 new cars on the lot yesterday - not 10 new deliveries, 10 total new cars. That's insane! Plus, COVID outbreaks at these plants don't help either.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
As you'll likely see from various posts on this board and new articles on TV and the web, there is a severe chip shortage across the globe that is causing many auto makers to reduce or even shut down production due to low supplies. My local Kia dealer in Houston had a total of 10 new cars on the lot yesterday - not 10 new deliveries, 10 total new cars. That's insane! Plus, COVID outbreaks at these plants don't help either.
And it's not just Kia. I live nearby Volvo, BMW, Mazda, Infinity, Mercedes Benz, and Hyundai dealerships and their lots are virtually empty with cars. It used to be that these lots had cars so close together that the mirrors were folded in to squeeze another car in a row. Cars were also parked on the grass and spill-over lots owned by other businesses. Now they are parked diagonally and well spaced out. It's quite amazing the difference this year from last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts