Kia Carnival Forum banner

Oil Change - Please Pay Attention to Post

23K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  White24 
I have changed the oil twice in my EX. Both times with new filters, running it and checking the dipstick after it sits, the oil is exactly at the full mark with 6 qts. The first time I changed it I put in the 6.45 qts as my owners manual says and it was way over full. Had to drain out the .45. I am on a flat floor and let both the drain plug and the filter canister drain completely.

As far as my Carnival and the dip stick that mine came with, yes the owners manual is wrong. My Carnival is at the full mark with 6 qts and a new filter. Again I drained all the oil that would come out on a level floor.

Hold on, there are 2 motors available. Are there different oil pans, and therefore, different oil capacities? Would that explain how 6q is right for one person and 6.45 is right for another?
As far as I know in the USA there is only 1 engine sold in the 2022 Carnival. A V6 Lamba III 3.5 liter GDI engine. My owners manual only shows 1 engine and specs for 1 engine.

So the 4cyl was not a US option? Interesting, I'm learning over here! That all but eliminates the potential for a different oil pan to be the culprit of the topic issue.
Correct, there is no 4 cylinder offered in the USA. I think there is a diesel engine offered in other countries also, or that maybe the 4 cyl you are talking about.