Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed their oil and filter? Please tell me where the filter is. I have the replacement and it looks like the type that loads from the top, not a spin on type but one that goes inside a canister. Anyway I cannot find it top or bottom. Tomorrow I am going to take the plastic shield under the engine off and look some more. Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
We are getting close as well. Once you figure it out, could you take some photos and or create a how to for the rest of us. 馃榾

Registered
I did an oil change the other day. The filter is accessed from the bottom, passenger's size. You will see housing approximately the diameter of the filter with large nut on top of it (22 OR 24MM, don't remember for sure). Make sure you change orings and don't overtighten. No covers need to be removed except the engine cover on top.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did an oil change the other day. The filter is accessed from the bottom, passenger's size. You will see housing approximately the diameter of the filter with large nut on top of it (22 OR 24MM, don't remember for sure). Make sure you change orings and don't overtighten. No covers need to be removed except the engine cover on top.
Another question, I changed the oil and filter thanks to your pictures and info. When I drained oil out I only got a little less than 6 qts. My owners manual says 6.45 us qts. So I put in 6.45 qts. I ran the engine a few minutes and let it sit for 2 hours. I checked the dipstick and it showed way over full. I mean way over. So I drained out 18 oz ( little over 1/2 qt). So my oil amount is just shy of 6 qts not 6.45 as the manual calls for. With just less than 6 qts it is now showing full at the top of the range on the dip stick. What鈥檚 up? Is owners manual wrong?

Registered
Most likely some oil was still left in the engine when you drained it. Never go by measurements, always fill 1qt less and then use dip stick.

Registered
Where was the drain plug when you changed the oil? Is it pretty obvious? I haven't looked under the car as of yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where was the drain plug when you changed the oil? Is it pretty obvious? I haven't looked under the car as of yet.
Easy to get to on the passenger side. At back of oil pan. Filter easy to get to also. Lots of oil comes out of the filter housing. Rest from drain plug. My car was perfectly level when changing. Don鈥檛 know how any oil could be left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts