Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our EX (Canada) on June 7. The dealership warned us we won't know when the vehicle might come in until we get a VIN assigned, which indicates the order was accepted by KIA in Korea. Any idea what kind of lead time we're looking at? Dealership confirmed this morning we still don't have a VIN.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I posted this elsewhere but it looks like a workers strike is coming to Hyundai motor group soon. You may want to reconsider and try to find one on a lot. Order times may get extended. Last I heard it was on the order of 16-20 weeks which could put you into next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious if you've taken delivery yet? We put our order in for a Ghost Grey/Ceramic Silver SX on June 19th. As of yesterday no VIN assigned yet dealer says the order is still listed as "at sea". I think I tracked the likely ship to the Grand Race which off-loaded in Vancouver July 19/20 so it could still be stuck in customs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Curious if you've taken delivery yet? We put our order in for a Ghost Grey/Ceramic Silver SX on June 19th. As of yesterday no VIN assigned yet dealer says the order is still listed as "at sea". I think I tracked the likely ship to the Grand Race which off-loaded in Vancouver July 19/20 so it could still be stuck in customs.
I read elsewhere that CA is no longer taking orders for 2022. US still is though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have not taken delivery yet. No update on VIN yet either. I'll post back here when I do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts