Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our EX (Canada) on June 7. The dealership warned us we won't know when the vehicle might come in until we get a VIN assigned, which indicates the order was accepted by KIA in Korea. Any idea what kind of lead time we're looking at? Dealership confirmed this morning we still don't have a VIN.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
I posted this elsewhere but it looks like a workers strike is coming to Hyundai motor group soon. You may want to reconsider and try to find one on a lot. Order times may get extended. Last I heard it was on the order of 16-20 weeks which could put you into next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious if you've taken delivery yet? We put our order in for a Ghost Grey/Ceramic Silver SX on June 19th. As of yesterday no VIN assigned yet dealer says the order is still listed as "at sea". I think I tracked the likely ship to the Grand Race which off-loaded in Vancouver July 19/20 so it could still be stuck in customs.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
Curious if you've taken delivery yet? We put our order in for a Ghost Grey/Ceramic Silver SX on June 19th. As of yesterday no VIN assigned yet dealer says the order is still listed as "at sea". I think I tracked the likely ship to the Grand Race which off-loaded in Vancouver July 19/20 so it could still be stuck in customs.
I read elsewhere that CA is no longer taking orders for 2022. US still is though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have not taken delivery yet. No update on VIN yet either. I'll post back here when I do!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've placed my order on Jul 21st for Storm Blue SX trim and till date no updates from the dealer! :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told by my sales person that Kia Canada is no longer accepting orders for SX and EX+ trims for this model cycle (he said until the 2023s come out but I think he actually meant the "true" 2022 models as opposed to these early "2021" 2022s). They still have no timeline or new information about a potential delivery date so I imagine we still have quite a wait on our hands. Likely depends how many people in front of us have speced their vehicles the same as our orders as I believe country wide it is first come first served as they come in, not a true "built to order" situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told by my sales person that Kia Canada is no longer accepting orders for SX and EX+ trims for this model cycle (he said until the 2023s come out but I think he actually meant the "true" 2022 models as opposed to these early "2021" 2022s). They still have no timeline or new information about a potential delivery date so I imagine we still have quite a wait on our hands. Likely depends how many people in front of us have speced their vehicles the same as our orders as I believe country wide it is first come first served as they come in, not a true "built to order" situation.
I'm thinking now should I wait one more year to get additional features like hybrid or AWD!

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
You could be waiting quite awhile, has Kia confirmed hybrid and awd will be coming to the carnival?

I would just go buy one of the SX's in stock at the moment, and cancel your order, there is two here in Ottawa that I know of still on the lot. One is black and the other is thunder grey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could be waiting quite awhile, has Kia confirmed hybrid and awd will be coming to the carnival?

I would just go buy one of the SX's in stock at the moment, and cancel your order, there is two here in Ottawa that I know of still on the lot. One is black and the other is thunder grey.
Hmm. My wife is picky on Storm Blue SX! :censored:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts