Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I called our dealer today to ask a question about modifying our order. They said we would need to create a new order. The salesman said the status is "almost fulfilled". When I asked exactly what that meant he said they are about to make the car and that we are third on the dealer's list of outstanding orders. We ordered in early February and they said it's about a 6 month wait.

I was wondering if people could speak from experience as to how long I may be waiting. Seems vague to me but just thought I'd ask if anyone experienced a similar status update from the dealer.

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

I called our dealer today to ask a question about modifying our order. They said we would need to create a new order. The salesman said the status is "almost fulfilled". When I asked exactly what that meant he said they are about to make the car and that we are third on the dealer's list of outstanding orders. We ordered in early February and they said it's about a 6 month wait.

I was wondering if people could speak from experience as to how long I may be waiting. Seems vague to me but just thought I'd ask if anyone experienced a similar status update from the dealer.

Thank you
I would say that is just a guesstimate. My experience is from the EV6 order and my dealer provided similar guestimate based on how and when the orders placed ahead of my order at that dealership were picked up. This is not always a guarantee and the dealership may end up waiting more time.

However, few folks posted couple of weeks ago that their orders (SX) from around December were picked up and your order may really be sent to production soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We ordered our SX in early December and are still waiting. At one point our dealer said we would get by end of JUN but now the salesman is estimating SEPTEMBER!! That would make it an 8 -9 month lead-time.

Also, since the model year changed between when we ordered and now there's confusion on how it works. Salesman says we will be getting a 2023 model year and the new car pricing will apply instead of what we booked at - this represents almost $1600 more than what we placed the order for. Anyone else heard along these lines and aware of how this exactly works?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We ordered our SX in early December and are still waiting. At one point our dealer said we would get by end of JUN but now the salesman is estimating SEPTEMBER!! That would make it an 8 -9 month lead-time.

Also, since the model year changed between when we ordered and now there's confusion on how it works. Salesman says we will be getting a 2023 model year and the new car pricing will apply instead of what we booked at - this represents almost $1600 more than what we placed the order for. Anyone else heard along these lines and aware of how this exactly works?
I think their logic is that if you don't want to pay more for the new model they'll have no problem selling it. I didn't ask our dealer because it doesn't matter to me either way. We're getting it at MSRP too.

·
Registered
114 Posts

I’ve heard from a few different salespersons that the bill of sales when putting a deposit down (ordering) are protected for 120 days. I’m in the exact same boat, ordered in Dec 2021 and have been told Oct 22 at best… can’t wait to see what the interest will be then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts