Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced an issue with the passenger door(s) not unlocking after pressing the unlock button 2x on the key fob? I think my wife secretly thinks I am intentionally living her locked out of the car as a sick joke, as I hop into the driver seat ready to go and look over at her as she is still locked out (and unamused) 馃え. I have never had an issue unlocking a car door before so I am pretty sure it is not user error. I also went thorough all of the settings and confirmed the box is checked to unlock all doors when the unlock button is pressed twice. My current work around is to click the unlock button 5 times or so before getting to the car. That generally seems to work but it is obnoxious for a brand new car so I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing before I take it to the dealer to have them look at it.

Registered
I've unlocked both sliding doors holding down the unlock key, they unlock and slide, still the passenger door remains locked and I get a dirty look from my GF...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have learned, for whatever reason I cannot quickly double click like every other car. I have click once, pause, and then click a second time. But, not too long of a pause or I have to start over again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understood, but doesn't it make sense that if you open both sliding doors, ALL the doors should unlock?
You are right, it makes no sense that the passenger side sliding door unlocks but not the front passenger door. I still have the same issue. I will have Kia look at it when I get my first service done (I am currently at 5,000 miles and I think the service intervals are 8,000 miles). I will give an update after I take it to the dealer for service/ repair.

Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
I've unlocked both sliding doors holding down the unlock key, they unlock and slide, still the passenger door remains locked and I get a dirty look from my GF...
I quickly realized you have to press the unlock button once first, then press and hold to activate the sliding doors; otherwise, the front passenger door remains locked.

I have learned, for whatever reason I cannot quickly double click like every other car. I have click once, pause, and then click a second time. But, not too long of a pause or I have to start over again.
This exactly! Just like the OP, my wife gives me the death glare every time I mis-time the unlock sequence and her door remains locked. I've thought about just turning off the double press feature because I'm far more likely to get killed by my wife the next time her door is locked than I am to be car jacked by someone who tries to slip into my passenger door when I unlock it lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My check engine light just came on (I only have 5,000 miles) so I have an appointment with Kia Service next week. When I made the appointment I also asked them to look at my door lock issue. I will update what the outcome is. I also think the heater does not work right when the automatic climate control is on. Only cold air comes out of the vents. I am having them look at there too.

Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
My check engine light just came on (I only have 5,000 miles) so I have an appointment with Kia Service next week. When I made the appointment I also asked them to look at my door lock issue. I will update what the outcome is. I also think the heater does not work right when the automatic climate control is on. Only cold air comes out of the vents. I am having them look at there too.
I think most of the heat should only be coming out of the floor vents when set to AUTO. The center vents in front of the shifter may have some airflow but it's likely minimal and not cooled or heated - just "room" temp. Not exactly sure why this is though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the dealership fixed my passenger lock issue. They simply ran a software update. I expected the update would have also included the new infotainment update but I realized they did not install that one, which is obnoxious. Separately, the dealership told me the automatic climate control is ONLY for cooling, NOT heating. Really??? That does not seem right. Who knows, maybe the software update also corrected my heating issue, but it is 95 f outside so it is not possible to verify. Oh, and they think the check engine light was just a loose gas cap.

Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
Separately, the dealership told me the automatic climate control is ONLY for cooling, NOT heating. Really??? That does not seem right.
Because it's not right. Dealers are often less knowledgeable about the cars they sell than the people who buy them. Just smile and nod and then walk away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts