Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plz let me know Can 2 car seat and 1 adult in 3rd row ? Or 3 car seat in 3rd row ? Thank you for your advice

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
You can put 3 car seats in the 3rd row. Depending on the size of the adult, 2 car seats and an adult should also be fine on the 3rd row.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can put 3 car seats in the 3rd row. Depending on the size of the adult, 2 car seats and an adult should also be fine on the 3rd row.
Really appreciate your opinion. I have read some articles Only 2 set of latch system in 3rd row ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
I'm not near my carnival at the moment, but I think your correct. For lower anchor systems (infant seats) I think there is only 2 spots on the 3rd row. I don't think the middle seat on the 3rd row has the anchors.

We use britax boulevard clicktight car seats (highly recommended) they use the seat belt for installation vs the anchors. Super easy to install correctly, they don't move at all and they don't need those lower anchors.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Plz let me know Can 2 car seat and 1 adult in 3rd row ? Or 3 car seat in 3rd row ? Thank you for your advice
I would say NO to both. The 3rd row can fit the 2 car seats, but an adult would not also fit. I'm not even confident a kid could fit between the 2 seats. And you definitely can NOT fit 3 car seats in the 3rd row. As mentioned already, there's not enough anchors, but there's not enough space even if there were enough anchors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say NO to both. The 3rd row can fit the 2 car seats, but an adult would not also fit. I'm not even confident a kid could fit between the 2 seats. And you definitely can NOT fit 3 car seats in the 3rd row. As mentioned already, there's not enough anchors, but there's not enough space even if there were enough anchors.
Thank you for for opinion , can u check for me how many LATCH connectors set In 3 rd row ? Thx

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
Thank u very much for checking. I also went to delar to check. I think we can put at least two car seat on 3rd row.
I'm not sure what is prompting you to put them in the 3rd row. Unless you've got 4 kids in car seats right now, accessing the 3rd row for car seats will be a total PITA.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I will put car seat in 3rd row when their grand parents come.
You getting the 8 seater or the 7 seat version?

If 8 seats, we let the grandparents sit in the front passenger seat and then the middle 2nd row seat while my wife climbs to the 3rd row. Works pretty well and doesn't require grandma to strain her bad knee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You getting the 8 seater or the 7 seat version?

If 8 seats, we let the grandparents sit in the front passenger seat and then the middle 2nd row seat while my wife climbs to the 3rd row. Works pretty well and doesn't require grandma to strain her bad knee.
I ordered dentist chair version and not that practical with kids family

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I ordered dentist chair version and not that practical with kids family
Did you order it from the factory or place a deposit for inbound dealer inventory? If the former, then I hope you are patient. I don't know of anyone who has placed a factory order in 2021 and received delivery of the vehicle yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you order it from the factory or place a deposit for inbound dealer inventory? If the former, then I hope you are patient. I don't know of anyone who has placed a factory order in 2021 and received delivery of the vehicle yet.
I ordered from “ Coming inventory” for dealer.

·
Registered
158 Posts
3-across car seats CAN fit in the 3rd row IF you have slim car seats (meaning 17" width or less). I have 2 Diono Radians and a 6 month old in a Chicco KeyFit, and I was able to fit all 3 in the 3rd row. It's true that the 3rd has only 2 latch anchors, but the third car seat can be put in using the seatbelt option.

With that said, if you can fit 3 across in the 3rd row, then you can easily fit 3 across in the 2nd row. Having 2 car seats and an adult in the 2nd row should not be a problem, and the fact that that the middle seat in the 2nd row can be slide far forward or back to create a staggered layout means you can create more shoulder room if the adult needs it.

Here is a photo posted on the Facebook group showing an owner putting 3 across in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3-across car seats CAN fit in the 3rd row IF you have slim car seats (meaning 17" width or less). I have 2 Diono Radians and a 6 month old in a Chicco KeyFit, and I was able to fit all 3 in the 3rd row. It's true that the 3rd has only 2 latch anchors, but the third car seat can be put in using the seatbelt option.

With that said, if you can fit 3 across in the 3rd row, then you can easily fit 3 across in the 2nd row. Having 2 car seats and an adult in the 2nd row should not be a problem, and the fact that that the middle seat in the 2nd row can be slide far forward or back to create a staggered layout means you can create more shoulder room if the adult needs it.

Here is a photo posted on the Facebook group showing an owner putting 3 across in the 3rd row.

This is really awesome !!!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts

Those are slim! Ours wouldn't stand a chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts