Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 KIA CARNIVAL SX PRESTIGE…and Since they don’t come with DVD players, And you can’t download movies onto Netflix, I purchased a portable DVD player to play my own movies for granddaughters, well when I hooked it up, (using HDMI cables, and also tried using the red, white, yellow cables) it worked except when the people talked, their words weren’t synced.. what was I doing wrong? Or is it the tv itself in the MPV? Because not being able to download movies from Netflix etc, I think the TV in these kias is pointless JMO.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
I have a 2022 KIA CARNIVAL SX PRESTIGE…and Since they don’t come with DVD players, And you can’t download movies onto Netflix, I purchased a portable DVD player to play my own movies for granddaughters, well when I hooked it up, (using HDMI cables, and also tried using the red, white, yellow cables) it worked except when the people talked, their words weren’t synced.. what was I doing wrong? Or is it the tv itself in the MPV? Because not being able to download movies from Netflix etc, I think the TV in these kias is pointless JMO.
Use a hotspot or your phone as a hotspot to stream content. It'll make your life a lot easier.

Otherwise, the video/audio sync can be adjusted in the audio settings of the rear screens. Try it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The HDMI connection would be ideal as it take care of both audio and video. Just make sure you're using the latest HDMi versions as they can pass more data/speed. I think putting a DVD player in would be very inconvenient. You have a lot of streaming capabilities already built in to the rear screens. Why not use hotspot to get those to work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The HDMI connection would be ideal as it take care of both audio and video. Just make sure you're using the latest HDMi versions as they can pass more data/speed. I think putting a DVD player in would be very inconvenient. You have a lot of streaming capabilities already built in to the rear screens. Why not use hotspot to get those to work?
If they have young grandchildren who can't reach the screens or want to watch something particular the driver has no way of changing the video or streaming service like switching to netflix, YouTube, etc. The rear seat entertainment is completely useless if the front seats can't control them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they have young grandchildren who can't reach the screens or want to watch something particular the driver has no way of changing the video or streaming service like switching to netflix, YouTube, etc. The rear seat entertainment is completely useless if the front seats can't control them.
Download the RSE remote like manual says.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can use car play to “mirror” the phone to the entertainment screen

·
Registered
9 Posts
The rse remote only switches through the modes. It does not let you choose which video to watch.

In order for me to mirror on Android I have go to the back seat, confirm I want to mirror then turn on screen share then use my data plan because I can't be on hot spot. The entertainment system was added on like a after thought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MIRROR A IOS DEVICE TO THE TVS? I’ve had my SXP since April and I still can’t figure how to mirror my phone.. I go to the setting on the tv to mirror IOS, it gives me a code to connect to; but where do I go from there? And how?? These TVs are really pissing me off to no other.. you can’t control them going down the road in front seat; so on my trip to Florida with a 3 year old and a 1 year old is not going to be fun for me 🤦‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MIRROR A IOS DEVICE TO THE TVS? I’ve had my SXP since April and I still can’t figure how to mirror my phone.. I go to the setting on the tv to mirror IOS, it gives me a code to connect to; but where do I go from there? And how?? These TVs are really pissing me off to no other.. you can’t control them going down the road in front seat; so on my trip to Florida with a 3 year old and a 1 year old is not going to be fun for me 🤦‍♀️
Did you try the RSE remote app?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts