Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member and own a SX Prestige. On a recent trip, we experienced at least a couple of instances where the navigation map reverted to the home screen without warning. Has anyone experienced similar behavior while using the on-board nav with UVO? The route was not cancelled, but the map screen just changed on its own. Also, does anyone know if Kia will provide regular firmware updates to this system which is quite complex and how this would be accomplished?

·
Registered
64 Posts
We just made a 1500 mile trip to Florida and back. No issues with Nav reverting to home screen. The screen does switch views on its own, when you stop and then move on, zooming out or in on the road. I believe you will need to purchase updates after a year, but Google Maps from your phone is free. After this Florida trip, I am determined to learn how to use Android Auto and Google.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This may not be the problem you had, but ours would do that as well. It was so frustrating and then I figured out why. I would be changing the radio channel with the turn knobs and my finger would graze the setup touch button and turn the navigations screen off and settings would pop up. Not sure if that is your problem but it happened to me several times before I figured it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts