Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I currently have a gen 2 Sienna that we use as our utility/adventure/messy duty vehicle that will need replacement in the next couple of years. I am thinking that the Carnival might be a great replacement due to its larger size and nice looking package. Given the intended the usage the only features I want to pay extra for are fake leather seats and a decent stereo. I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered here.
1. is the base stereo on the sx adequate, or do i need to go to the ex?
2. is it possible to remove the second row on the lower trims?
3. are there any mountain bikers in this forum? More importantly does a mountain bike fit standing up without removing wheels?

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome!

1. SX Prestige > SX > EX > LX. Most modern car stereo systems are adequate but if you are an audiophile then you'll want to step up.
2. Yes, all but the SX Prestige can be removed
3. Probably diagonally but not likely standing straight up

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a full suspension ebike (much like a mountain bike). It will not fit in my SXP, as the VIP seats are not removable. Also, there is no hitch available for the Carnival at this time, and I have searched extensively. I finally have a premium 12 speaker audio system in my car-but I am now more than half deaf at this point in my life. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, the Woodlands edition is why I am here in this forum. My current Sienna is AWD with a 1" lift so I thinking that the Woodlands with a factory lift and hybrid AWD drivetrain was the perfect replacement. Second row seats that can't easily be removed is a deal killer. I need to be able to carry 4x8 sheets of plywood as a good reference point. The van is my equivalent of a pickup, including the wear and tear on the interior. Unless there are special seats on the special edition it just a big tease. The Carnival certainly looks better and seems to be larger, no AWD is a drawback. The other option is the VW ID Buzz. I don't think they have announced seating configuration and it is probably going to cost more than I want to spend on a utility vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hear you. I love the lounge chair concept but I need to remove the seats too. It’s looking like I’ll have to stay with Honda to keep my sunroof, homelink, heated & cooled seats w/removable 2nd row.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I currently have a gen 2 Sienna that we use as our utility/adventure/messy duty vehicle that will need replacement in the next couple of years. I am thinking that the Carnival might be a great replacement due to its larger size and nice looking package. Given the intended the usage the only features I want to pay extra for are fake leather seats and a decent stereo. I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered here.
1. is the base stereo on the sx adequate, or do i need to go to the ex?
2. is it possible to remove the second row on the lower trims?
3. are there any mountain bikers in this forum? More importantly does a mountain bike fit standing up without removing wheels?

Thanks for your input
Hi, new here too. Looking to move from 2015 Sedona to Carnival. I currently take out the center middle seat and fold down the 3rd row to place my mountain bikes. I put the front wheels of 1-2 bikes into that space and they stand up just fine. I can’t imagine why you couldn’t with the carnival but I will check that out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Joehdds, that is basically what I do with my current van. The AWD Sienna's are all 7 passenger so I built a rack that that fits between the seats that holds the front tire in place. I works really well for $30 worth of PVC pipe, if nothing else it protects the seats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The EX trim is what I suggest. You get the better tech/infotainment stuff and its not that much more than SX Seat Package models that have the synth leather

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my 2008 Sienna- I flip up the second seats to easily fit two mtn bikes in. Maybe one with its front wheel off. I like the SX-P seats but it would be a little more difficult to get the bikes in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts