Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we are debating btw the EX and the Sx.
1. Does the kia Netflix app allow you to download movies so you don't have to use wifi all of the time? Any other ways of doing this?
2. Do the screens let you download any other apps?
3. Does it come with wireless headphones?
4. Do the screens come off and detach from the seat if you want to take them off?

Thanks in advance. Wondering if the upgrade is worth it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
434 Posts
Hi, we are debating btw the EX and the Sx.
1. Does the kia Netflix app allow you to download movies so you don't have to use wifi all of the time? Any other ways of doing this?
2. Do the screens let you download any other apps?
3. Does it come with wireless headphones?
4. Do the screens come off and detach from the seat if you want to take them off?

Thanks in advance. Wondering if the upgrade is worth it.
I can answer 2 - 4:

2. No - but they're android based, so I'm sure you could sideload or root if you have the time and desire.
3. No - but uses standard wired or bluetooth connections.
4. Edit: yes! Search the forum for more details as this has been addressed previously (with photos).

IMO, the SX is mostly an appearance upgrade over the EX. The EX offers the best bang for buck, and unless you live in a hot climate, you can probably live without the ventilated seats. The 360 degree cameras are nice though.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
For #1 I asked my 10 year old son. You cannot download movies. There are usb and hdmi inputs, so you may be able to download to a stick and show movies that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can answer 2 - 4:

2. No - but they're android based, so I'm sure you could sideload or root if you have the time and desire.
3. No - but uses standard wired or bluetooth connections.
4. Not really - you can remove the screens by taking out the 6 screws that hold it in place, but the mounting bracket will remain and since it's metal, will be a dangerous and annoying snag point when getting in/out of the vehicle. Search the forum for more details as this has been addressed previously (with photos).

IMO, the SX is mostly an appearance upgrade over the EX. The EX offers the best bang for buck, and unless you live in a hot climate, you can probably live without the ventilated seats. The 360 degree cameras are nice though.
Thanks for your reply. This all makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the tablets broadcast/play through the vehicles speakers? Been seeing a lot of mentions about the headphones but no confirmation straightforward stating the tablets could play through vehicle's speakers. For example, the Oddysey can stream through the vehicle speakers or through headphones via the one dedicated blue ray screen. This question is in regards to any Kia Carnival trim that comes with the tablets. My wife and I are seriously considering trading in our Pacifica for a Carnival.

·
Super Moderator
362 Posts
Yes. You can connect them via Bluetooth and play through the vehicle’s speakers. It’s pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Screen sharing- it worked for a couple of months and now every time we try it says screen share failed. We are using an HDMI cord to connect to an iPhone and we know we did it right because it used to work. Any advice?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can the tablets broadcast/play through the vehicles speakers? Been seeing a lot of mentions about the headphones but no confirmation straightforward stating the tablets could play through vehicle's speakers. For example, the Oddysey can stream through the vehicle speakers or through headphones via the one dedicated blue ray screen. This question is in regards to any Kia Carnival trim that comes with the tablets. My wife and I are seriously considering trading in our Pacifica for a Carnival.
Yes hit the “mode” button on steering wheel.. it changes from radio, Left screen, right screen, etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts