Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I got around to wiring up a Roku for the rear entertainment system. Right now I have it on one screen but may add to the other once our baby gets older.

Advantages are that it "remembers" the wifi password, so we just have to flip on mobile hotspot on our phone before starting the car, and it just works. It has the same interface that our kids are accustomed to at home and all the parental controls are in place similar to our house. It also has a remote control which can be used from any seat and also doesn't require the kids to be super close to the screen to operate it. We put the remote in the mesh netting on the seat back and it hides pretty well.

I used a 90* HDMI 6" extension cable to route the Roku up and used doubled sided velcro to attach to the top back of the monitor to keep it out of the way during entry and exit.. The USB cable is about 3' so I didn't bother getting a shorter one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This past weekend I got around to wiring up a Roku for the rear entertainment system. Right now I have it on one screen but may add to the other once our baby gets older.

Advantages are that it "remembers" the wifi password, so we just have to flip on mobile hotspot on our phone before starting the car, and it just works. It has the same interface that our kids are accustomed to at home and all the parental controls are in place similar to our house. It also has a remote control which can be used from any seat and also doesn't require the kids to be super close to the screen to operate it. We put the remote in the mesh netting on the seat back and it hides pretty well.

I used a 90* HDMI 6" extension cable to route the Roku up and used doubled sided velcro to attach to the top back of the monitor to keep it out of the way during entry and exit.. The USB cable is about 3' so I didn't bother getting a shorter one.

View attachment 500
My teenage son who is obsessed with cable management will give your setup high marks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts