Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
It’s surprising to see that a minivan would have such low scores/ratings in the rear seat advanced restraints sections.

I figure it would be an easy fix to put the same type of belts and mechanisms used in the front seats into the rear seats. But what do I know. It is good that Hyundai corp acknowledged these low scores.

Overall it’s a good thing that manufacturers are taking this into account now.

Are these low scores a deal breaker??? I would still choose the Carnival.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s surprising to see that a minivan would have such low scores/ratings in the rear seat advanced restraints sections.

I figure it would be an easy fix to put the same type of belts and mechanisms used in the front seats into the rear seats. But what do I know. It is good that Hyundai corp acknowledged these low scores.

Overall it’s a good thing that manufacturers are taking this into account now.

Are these low scores a deal breaker??? I would still choose the Carnival.
I'd like to understand your perspective. With the low safety scores, why would you still pick the Carnival?

·
Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
101 Posts
First post here - something I found off the Toyota Sienna forum.

Rear-Seat Safety Scores | Rear-Seat Safety - Consumer Reports

The reason being I'm deciding between the Sienna and the Carnival.

Based on this test, the Sienna scored a 72 and the Carnival a 37. Other Hyundai / Kia models also did poorly. What are your thoughts?
While I would prefer Kia to have a much higher score, the two major things that are hurting the Carnival are lack of rear seat belt reminders and lack of advanced rear restraints. I’m using the Carnival with little kids in car seats so neither of those things is relevant to me in terms of safety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts